2008 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Fun to drive
By Daniel on 06/02/08 15:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this car. I compared the car to many others, but for the money, you get more in a CX-7 than the competition. The car has a beautiful design and gives great performance.

Overall very nice SUV
By Dave on 05/27/08 16:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought a demo in February '08 and it is a very nice SUV. Handles like a sports car and has nice acceleration but does ride a bit stiff. Test drove the CRV, Highlander, RAV4 and Acadia before settling on the Mazda. Fuel mileage is OK if you don't step on it too much but that's difficult because it's really fun to drive!

Surprisingly Good
By Rob on 05/15/08 09:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Coming from a Saab sport Combi-Wagon I remain mightly impressed with the overall performance. No it is not a fast or corner as well, but in the real world of handling and performance, it does everything I want

Joy to drive
By jesseh627 on 04/25/08 20:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Very fun ride. Love the turbo and the handling. I drove a number of SUVs and crossovers and the CX7 was hands down the most fun. Bought the sport model and wished I'd spent a few more dollars for more features, but the driving experience and performance are superb Been averaging over 21 mpg city/hwy. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Performance Value
By ED on 04/04/08 08:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

You can not find a performance CUV that gives you more equipment for the price. The only car that compares in performance is the Acura RDX, and it costs $10,000 more when equipped the same. Love the look of the leather seats. Navigation system is well placed and is easy to use. The car is very fast when you get the RPMs up. Have had the car 3 months and it is flawless. Fuel economy has been as low as 15 and as high as 21. I have started using 87 octane and it seems to perform "OK". The HID headlights are wonderful and the heated seats are sure nice in the winter. If you want a CUV that handles like it is on rails, this is the vehicle for you.

Southern CX-7
By southern CX-7 on 04/03/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had the CX-7 for over 1.5 years and love it. We had to have some recall work done once. All the rest is simple maintainence. Gas mileage has been improving, we are getting closer to 18.5 in town now, as high as 25 mpg on the hwy. Mostly 22-23 mpg. Tubo lag is slight but you get use to the peddle and know how to activate it smoothly. It is a blast to drive on open roads. The brakes are great especially for emergency stops in town. We are retired now and don't travel quite as much, but we do use it on long trips. We have the FWD GT with navigation, sirius, everything you could get but DVD screen.

No regrets
By dnalor on 03/27/08 18:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After weeks of surfing and comparison with competitors, my wife and I knew the fact that this is no fuel economy CUV. We decided anyway to purchase the top of the line selection in brilliant black. We just absolutely love this CUV. All the other details to this CUV overshadows the fuel consumption dilema. My wife now prefers to enjoy the ride while watching her movies on the ent. system. You can not go wrong with the BOSE sound system. What outside noise? It's built solid. I would definitely recommend this CX7 if gas is not a factor with your decision. I recommend the AERO package. We also opted to install the IPOD adapter with our dealer.

A question of Mileage
By Hedonistic on 03/24/08 00:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my cx 7 in March and I am happy with my purchase. The exterior and interior are wonderful and innovative. However, the gas mileage is atrocious. Turbo lag takes away from the performance, and the car has a very slow pick up without the turbo kicking in. Mazda has yet to prove its reliability in the crowded Japanese market. They offer a six cd changer but no ipod jack?

Zoom Zoom
By cgirl on 03/21/08 19:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I started out looking for a used mid size suv. Looked at due to 4,000 rebate which helped my upside down on trade in. Loved this car more than any I have owned. At first thought I made a mistake. Read alot of reviews on CX7 and other cross overs and know I made the correct choice.

Sporty SUV
By Mid life crisis on 03/19/08 21:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Touring AWD purchased 2/29/08. This copper red/sand leather sports wagon replaced my 2005 Tribute. Came with Sirius, 6 CD changer, fogs, wheel locks. The standard speakers are above average for a non-upgraded factory sound. The drive reminds me of my old Eagle Talon, turbo 4 AWD. The suspension is a bit firm, but for that it corners on rails. Nice steering wheel and tight steering feel. Other than the feeling of the vehicle size, a very sporting ride. My three kids (13,12,9) find the rear seat wider and with more leg room than the Trib. The leather seats are quite comfy and supportive, worth the upgrade.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.