2008 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Zoom Zoom Rules!
By CzzY on 09/22/08 18:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Test drove others, and nothing in its class compared to the super fun drive and sleek design of the CX-7. Gas mileage was not that different on others,and the CX-7 quality outshined their cheap feel. Looking forward to seeing how Mazda holds up over time. Drive it smart to maximize gas mileage, and the power is there if you need it. Disappointed in the stock stereo, the speakers are on the bottom of the front doors so I am always adjusting volume to hear radio. A little more roominess in front would be nice for taller people. A few more little inexpensive features -- rear cup holders, magazine holders for rear passengers etc. would have made me even happier.

Very good value; fun to drive
By LouMonika on 09/16/08 18:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We looked at Acadia, RDX, FX35, Rav4, and others. The fully loaded CX-7 was cheapest of the lot, and fuel economy not appreciably lower. Handles as well as my mother's fully loaded RX-350 for 20k less. Leather seats and interior fit and finish and exterior styling are all exceptionally good. A real wow factor on the nav system ergonomics and fold down. Bose stereo is more than adequate. Sunroof a bit small and don't like the "mousehair" ceiling material but they had to cut something I suppose. Was concerned about turbo 4 cyl reliability in out years and we drive cars forever so bought the 10 year extended factory warranty. A great car & joy to drive.

Best Decision I Ever Made
By Demetri on 08/31/08 06:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have only had the car for a week and I absolutely love it. I went to buy the Mazda 3. The price on the CX7 was outstanding so I took a test drive. Wow what a car. I love the turbo 2.3 engine no problems pulling out when needed. When I first sat in the CX 7, I thought to myself, "Now this is a car". I drive 30+ miles each way to work and I want to be comfortable. The radio controls are a little out of the way and I always change the channel when I think I'm hitting the volume but now I use the controls on the steering wheel for everything. The one gentleman was correct the Radio Mute Button is fantastic. I think the car needs to add telescoping steering wheel to their tilt controls.

What i expected
By Geo on 08/31/08 06:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car in January 2008 and since then all the other cars I drove in my life were nothing. It's an absolutely fantastic car, very quick, the engine noise fantastic ,the steering is like driving a GTi and the build quality fabulous. Of course like every car in the market has its negatives. I have tried hard to find as many as I can but I only find one. Fuel consumption. Well at least you know it before you buy, it even though that Mazda misleads you with the 12.3l per 100km. The best i have managed is 14.5l per 100 km.

Great Crossover for the Money
By jasonsfolks on 08/19/08 20:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Leased this 2008 CX7 after looking at Chevy Equinox, Ford Edge and Murano. Mazda offered best value for the money. 2008 edition can take regular unleaded which is what we use however the performance and turbo really needs premium gas. At $4 plus a gallon, we will use regular unleaded and loose some performance. Moonroof and Bose stereo with power seats is terrific. A fun car to drive. I'm not tall but I wish the headroom was a little higher. Sometimes feel a little tight with near the sun visors.

Great Fun
By chuckdee on 08/16/08 19:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had been restoring and driving a 1991 BMW M5 and after thousands of $$$, I finally blew the engine. Faced with needing a new Something, ANYTHING, I succumbed to the ads and tried the CX-7, the Speed6 and the Tribute. Even though I'd had three turbocharged Saabs in the past, the turbo lag nearly killed me a couple times, because I thought the thing would have acceleration similar to an m5... duh! Clearly it does not, but it IS fun, totally different looking and certainly fast enough. I've had 15 cars in my life, including 2 Vettes, Saab Turbos, etc. and this is a fun, easy handling SUV. Just don't try to pass an M5 in heavy traffic until you count a heavy turbo-lag 1-2-3!

Only the first week
By DRR on 07/17/08 19:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Two days of ownership and the electrical system shut down on startup. Happened again the very next day, the keyless entry, radio and dashboard display shutdown completely. Electrical issue and the dealership will be checking it over in a couple of days. Great!

Awesome, Fun and Cool
By EmZeeZee on 06/27/08 09:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I test drove a lot of vehicles, both sedans and SUVs, before I got behind the wheel of the CX-7. Once I drove this, I forgot all about the Rogue, Outlander, CRV and Rav4. I also discovered why they say "Zoom Zoom." I drove a Honda Civic for 10 years, so this was a big upgrade in evey way. The only thing I miss about the Civic is the gas mileage (I am averaging 21- 22 MPG in the CX-7). I went for the Sport FWD model as I did not need AWD, leather or navigation. The bad thing about the Sport model is the crappy stock stereo. I will be upgrading the speakers!

Best Car EVER!
By esreversm on 06/08/08 11:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my CX-7. This is the 9th car I've owned in my 30 years of living. It's also my favorite. The turbo is great and a thrill to drive. I know everyone keeps downing on the gas and mileage however, I have learned that it runs great if you can alternate between mid-grd. and prem. gas, also being very cautious with driving lately due to gas increase (not as much fun!). I can pull about 22-23 mpg in town and usually 26 hwy. Driving it hard it usually gets about 14-16 in town (we gotta have our fun sometime). Excellent, safe, dependable, not too pricey! Don't under estimate the performance till you try it.

Fun to drive
By Daniel on 06/02/08 15:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this car. I compared the car to many others, but for the money, you get more in a CX-7 than the competition. The car has a beautiful design and gives great performance.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.