Used 2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Average at Best
By Steve Bylinowski

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I leased this car in early 2008. I got a good lease deal with no money down but the car didn't perform in the winter. If you live in area where it snows, forget it! I couldn't get up the small hill outside of my house! Everything else about the car is average, not terrible, not great. Also, they nickel and dime you when you turn it back in, beware. I would not get another Mazda.

Nice to look at

Better winter performance!

Not bad for the price
By Granny

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Tires are shot at 24K. Car driven by a little old granny in town and have had a number of long highway trips and am guessing highway mileage is close to 13k of the 24K. Plenty quick. Bought entirely on looks and cheap 2 year lease.

Quickness and fun to drive

Automatic lights would be nice, better tires, ac seems to be a little slow cooling down, cut down on the noise, gas mileage is skinny for 4 cyl. I get 24-25 on the highway at a steady 70 mph

loove the cx7
By gary

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

love the cx7..the only problem is the tires only lasted 27,000 miles..everything else works perfect.. my wife loves the car..and i enjoy driving this suv...car has no problem running 100 mph and has more left in it...no complaints...only the tires... yes they are 18" and cost me 750.00 for a new set..

bose stereo...wish it had i pod hook up...

put better tires on it from the factory..add a boost gauge..and wish the seat went back more...

2nd rating of 2008 CX7
By Marlo

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my second rating of this vehicle and not much has changed. I purchased the 2008 CX7 Sport December 2007 and it came with some options. It currently has 45k miles and I drive it alot. I haven't experienced any major problems with the vehicle. The CEL came on once about 6 months after purchase. The light came on again last week but it keeps coming on/going off. I replaced the tires around 36k miles. My complaint about this vehicle remains the same - the stiff suspension. I don't have any additional complaints to add and the vehicle suits my needs. Considering my experience with the vehicle so far (and if the ride wasn't so stiff,) I would probably purchase it again

The back up camera comes in handy; kept the Sirius radio subscription; it handles great, fun to drive; remote start; Bose system, love the exterior look.

Nav system is just ok, no light on vanity mirrors; carpet, gas mileage could be better, and last but not least, the stiff suspension.

Best decision I ever made
By LMazda

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love everything about this car. It is fast to accelerate, fun to drive, and a great looking car. It draws a lot of attention because not many people have them. The only bad thing is tires are expensive. I have had the car for four months and I still get excited every time I drive it. BUY IT

The steering wheel, and the control panels, I like that the radio station panel is close to the windshield so that you don't have to look so far down to see the channel (I feel like it's safer). I like the shape of it.

A more comfortable drivers seat for those longer trips.