Used 2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

loove the cx7
By gary

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

love the cx7..the only problem is the tires only lasted 27,000 miles..everything else works perfect.. my wife loves the car..and i enjoy driving this suv...car has no problem running 100 mph and has more left in it...no complaints...only the tires... yes they are 18" and cost me 750.00 for a new set..

Favorite Features

bose stereo...wish it had i pod hook up...

Suggested Improvements

put better tires on it from the factory..add a boost gauge..and wish the seat went back more...

2nd rating of 2008 CX7
By Marlo

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my second rating of this vehicle and not much has changed. I purchased the 2008 CX7 Sport December 2007 and it came with some options. It currently has 45k miles and I drive it alot. I haven't experienced any major problems with the vehicle. The CEL came on once about 6 months after purchase. The light came on again last week but it keeps coming on/going off. I replaced the tires around 36k miles. My complaint about this vehicle remains the same - the stiff suspension. I don't have any additional complaints to add and the vehicle suits my needs. Considering my experience with the vehicle so far (and if the ride wasn't so stiff,) I would probably purchase it again

Favorite Features

The back up camera comes in handy; kept the Sirius radio subscription; it handles great, fun to drive; remote start; Bose system, love the exterior look.

Suggested Improvements

Nav system is just ok, no light on vanity mirrors; carpet, gas mileage could be better, and last but not least, the stiff suspension.

Best decision I ever made
By LMazda

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love everything about this car. It is fast to accelerate, fun to drive, and a great looking car. It draws a lot of attention because not many people have them. The only bad thing is tires are expensive. I have had the car for four months and I still get excited every time I drive it. BUY IT

Favorite Features

The steering wheel, and the control panels, I like that the radio station panel is close to the windshield so that you don't have to look so far down to see the channel (I feel like it's safer). I like the shape of it.

Suggested Improvements

A more comfortable drivers seat for those longer trips.

Great Looking car - but beware of tires.
By Kara

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love how the car stands out - it's different than what everyone has. Really appreciate Mazda's design innovation. I considered myself a big advocate for the brand, however this will be my last...the past two Mazda's have required a tire replacement much to early. Two tires on my CX-7 (Touring model) are considered "dangerous" and two "suggested replacements". So at 20,000 miles, I'm paying over $900 for four new tires. Mazda will not take any responsibility even though they make the decision to use that tire. I have never had this issue with any vehicle - other than my two Mazdas. So if you go this route - make sure to bake in extra costs for this issue.

Favorite Features

Exterior / Interior style.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage leaves something to be desired, and as mentioned above, the tire "life" has made me extremely dissatisfied.

Fell in love....now HATE
By jerseygirl

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This was my second car ever and I was completely in love until the cars issues began! It killed me to see this car break so much because it was my baby. Turbo went twice, tires had to be changed at 20000 miles, navigation only works when it wants to, the engine ticks VERY loudly, squeaks like a 30 year old car, battery just went due to bad starter (still fighting dealership over that), the gas mileage is terrible!,the paint scratches very easily, and the abs has failed more then once. This car could be a awesome car if they fixed the problems! I loved it so much when I bought it!

Favorite Features

the headlights are wonderful, the sound system (Bose) is amazing, style is the best in its class

Suggested Improvements

no turbo OR bigger engine, better gas mileage, navigation updated (w/ bluetooth and ipod hookups), better stock tires, engine problems fixed, better paint used, all the other problems too!