2008 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Compact SUV that is fun to drive
By Lurking on 03/12/09 09:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've enjoyed my first month of owning my new CX-7. It is a beautiful vehicle and it has carried me through 6" of snow and a blinding rainstorm already. I test drove many other vehicles in this category but the Mazda was, by far, the most fun to drive. That consideration was not at the top of my priority list, but it's superiority there outshined some of the smaller disadvantages. One thing I wish I had known was just how poor the gas mileage is. My vehicle is returning 13mpg in the city and about 19 mpg on the highway. I'm not even sure how a 4 cyl engine can possibly return such poor numbers. I recommend the vehicle with the caveat that you must be willing to accept poor gas mileage.

Questioning the purchase.
By cindy on 03/07/09 04:31 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We just bought this car 2 days ago. We drove quite a few cars and liked how this one took off (on premium gas)! Ultimately chose this one because of the great deal we got. We're mostly pleased with it. What's up with the headlights? (We didn't drive the car after dark until after we'd brought it home.) There's a "line" across your field of vision which "divides" light and dark. It's not as obvious with high beam. Dealer service guy says it's normal. It's very annoying. Seats could be a little more comfortable. Quieter ride would be nice. Better gas mileage, too. Everything else about the car we're happy.

I love my Mazda CX-7
By hunt5368 on 03/04/09 08:55 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car after an accident in my Nissan Murano. The turbo 4-cylinder engine is surprisingly quick and there is no roll when taking turns. I only wish there were more cubbies for the driver. Its roomy enough to take family trips and compact enough for your daily errands. I would definitely recommend the CX-7.

My Journey's ...my CX7
By greg on 01/22/09 14:28 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My CX7 has it all! It's loaded! Mazda makes an excellent product! Only 2 suggestions. Automatic interior door lock; and change tire contract with supplier. Bridgestone tires are less then adequate. I am on my second set of Bridgestone tires at 16,000 miles. At this time my second set of Bridgestone tires is creating the tire indicator lamp to remain on my instrument cluster...roughly 17,000miles. Please change tire supplier. I am a city driver 135 per day, to and from work, maybe market, or resturant added. In all the vechicle is excelent.

What Lines
By Tucker on 01/18/09 04:52 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Stunning exterior lines accent this perfect sized SUV. Solid footing allows you throw this platform into a switch-back with a peace of mind. The lows, much too noisy cabin, turbo lag, and eats tires every 20K.

Fun, Nice, not for everyone
By Houston Dad on 12/17/08 20:46 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

As I read my fellow CX-7 owner's reviews I get the feeling that many of us purchased this car more due to looks and the ability to boast about having a turbo charged vehicle than anything else. Yes, the styling and presence of this vehicle cannot be denied. Nor can I say that it isn't fun to drive. However, if you are considering this car think about these few things: MPG - it gets at best 20 for me on highway and 17 combined on top of the fact that it needs premium fuel. If you think you are going to get away with less, the dealer will tell you that you can but you lose the whole point of having a turbo charged engine and might as well buy a 6 cylinder something else.

It will be one year....
By Marlo on 12/05/08 08:33 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

in a few weeks since I bought the 08 CX7. It has 18k miles, and I haven't had any problems with the vehicle. I brought the Sport but it came with some options (nav, Bose system, moon roof, Sirius, remote start). The CX7 is the perfect size for me. Overall, I enjoy the CX7.

Zoom Zooming 1st Timer!
By BC94121 on 11/20/08 13:03 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Been a proud CX-7 owner for about a month now and we absolutely love, love, love it! It's a great looking CUV/SUV that definitely handles more like a sporty car, especially when that turbo kicks in and you're hitting those curvy roads! The fun factor and looks factor sure does beat the pants off of a RAV4, CRV, or Murano. The Bose system is awesome. It's like having Bono & Edge jamming in the car with us as we're driving. My only gripes would be the locks not automatically locking when the car is in gear - kind of a no brainer to include. Also wished it came with a optional manual 6 speed. Bottom line: A-W-E-S-O-M-E vehicle!

Best Value in Mid Sized SUV
By stephenb924 on 10/27/08 19:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just bought my second CX-7. After 2 years, turned in a leased Galaxy Gray GT for a purchased 2008 Mica Copper Red GT, Sand leather interior loaded with every option. It is the first time ever I have repeated on a new vehicle with the same body style. The CX-7 was ahead of the styling curve and the other 'crossovers' are just catching up. Exception is the Infiniti FX, a great vehicle, but for price and value, the CX-7 cannot be touched. Some ding it for the mileage, but its reasonable for its class and the 2008-09 can use regular fuel (07 required premium). Performance (244 hp) and handling are like a sports car. Zoom Zoom is more than hype. My other car is a 350z roadster. Both are a blast.

A BLAST TO DRIVE
By Ryan on 10/19/08 06:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased ours in Feb 2008 after test driving the Murano, 4Runner, Pathfinder and also a Civic. We love it! This is thing has excellent handling and great acceleration. This isn't a luxury car. It's the perfect car for people who love driving and need a more practical car than a sports car. The autostick is great but the regular automatic works so well that you rarely need to switch over to autostick. It's the best car we could find in our price range. We did have one warantee issue with a "Turbo Tensioner" that needed to be replaced at around 6mos old, but we were given a loaner and within 2 days we were back in it with no other issues since.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.