2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
engine problems
By wendy trotter on 10/14/09 05:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have not owned my CX7 Touring for quite a year yet, next week will be a year, have 10,000 miles on it. Blue smoke & black smoke pouring out from engine, turbo very noisy. Took it to dealership, they took it right in,problems with the turbo on this vehicle. Also poor fuel economy takes premium gas. Will not keep this vehicle once warranty is out.

2 years and still loving it
By Lisa on 08/21/09 11:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car on an impulse the day before I moved to Colorado from Texas. I had driven a Mazda 6 for a few years before after converting from Honda, and was really impressed with the company, so decided to give the new sporty SUV a try...it was a great choice! I normally don't like driving SUV's or trucks because they feel too big, and the CX-7 is a perfect fit for me! I have the black on black model and adore driving it. I take it to the mountains all year and it handles great, even in thick snow and icy conditions. I'm always the one volunteering to drive when it's time for road trips and such, and I usually hate driving. Overall, it's a great car with solid looks and performance.

Thank Goodness it's under warrenty!
By AMB on 07/31/09 12:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Yesterday was the second time in less than 2 weeks that the car broke down and I had it towed to the dealer. After about 2,000 miles I had to have the brakes replaced (the car shimmied with each application of the breaks). At 26,000 miles I was told by the service manager that I should replace my tires. No one at the dealership seemed to think this was outrageous. Last week, the air compressor quit and a belt broke. It took the dealer 4 days to repair. Yesterday, I heard a clunk, my battery light went on, then the car quit. I have 28,400 miles on the car. This is a lease vehicle. When I turn the car in 12/2009, I am done with Mazda!

Value SUV
By Ed on 07/12/09 07:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have owned the vehicle 18 months. Replaced the factor tires at 12K miles, and the AC compressor at 26K. Both very unacceptable, (AC was covered by warranty.) With that said, this vehicle represents the most car for the money in its segment. I have a Grand Touring with Navigation and paid less than 29K. Try and find anything for that price that drives like this car. It has plenty of room, drives and looks great, and it get's around 20 mpg. My lease ends this November and I will most likely buy this CX7 at lease end. If you drive this car, and compare it to it to other SUV's, you will buy it. Compare this to an Acura MDX and you will have an extra $10K to buy a few extra set of tires.

2008 Mazda CX7 AWD
By Joe Cafaro on 06/11/09 06:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We own a 2008 Lexus RX350 as well as this CX7. The CX costs almost one half the as much as the Lexus. I cannot justify the difference. The CX7 is THE VALUE proposition. Ride, handling, comfort,and its pep are truly outstanding. The CX7 runs well on regular gas but fuel economy is a serious disappointment. Mazda with all its talent MUST come up with a fuel efficient engine for this otherwise superior offering. The Bose surround sound system is an absolute must. Still a better value than the Lexus even considering the poor fuel economy. With better fuel efficiency while maintaining the peppy, fun to drive experience, this crossover would lead all competitors. Fit and finish are excellent

nice crossover you didn't know about!
By ak, Seattle on 06/07/09 14:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We didn't think about it until we decided we needed a roomy, sporty, sedan-looking SUV/crossover with superb safety features, incl AWD (Seattle) and actually test-drove it. This car has all those things and what a joy to drive! Although you do hear some engine and wind in the cabin, but some, and you can't hear the traffic/road noise. Amazing brakes/acceleration! Roomy enough, although the back seats are not as comfy as the front. Nice styling; interior could use better materials. Test-drive it! Not sure if people who complain test-drove it first, knew of mpg. Rav4=cavernous/dark/plastic;CRV=underpowered; Forester=comfy back seats, as much room; uncomfortable front; sluggish as the Rogue

Safe and strong, but frail.
By FreshSmile on 05/07/09 05:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Enjoyable to drive. We keep meticulous records and do mostly hwy, around 26mph but down to 16 in the city. Poor rear visibility. Paint is very fragile; hairlike scratches seem to appear spontaneously and are now everywhere (even when we've never taken the car to a cloth wash, only touchless). Interior floor covering is very thin and frail. Windshield washer tank is too small for a Michigan winter 50m commute. One year left on a 3-yr lease. Wont keep the car bc it will require too much attention. It did handle 2 winters and a couple of storms safely. Traction control works very well. Like most new cars, factory installed tires don't last long. 25K on this car will be max.

Wish I knew about the tire situation.
By beachybum76 on 04/20/09 09:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Well I have had my car for a little over a year. I really love my car but I am having to replace my tires already. FYI- the warranty on tires for new cars is for only a year after that its your problem. And then there is the gas problem. Can you say wow? If you have money to spend on gas, then this car is for you. Other than that I love my car.

dissatisfied
By disappointed on 04/06/09 14:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Air compressor locked up at 18000 miles and burned the drive belt up. Gas mileage stinks, don't let the dealership lie about the fuel, you HAVE to use premium gas or it lugs and shifts like crap.

Good wheels
By Jim on 04/01/09 18:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

One of the best vehicles I've owned in oner 50 years of driving. Glad to see Ford is using some of this technology. Would buy another Mazda.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.