2008 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
loove the cx7
By gary on 05/04/10 18:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

love the cx7..the only problem is the tires only lasted 27,000 miles..everything else works perfect.. my wife loves the car..and i enjoy driving this suv...car has no problem running 100 mph and has more left in it...no complaints...only the tires... yes they are 18" and cost me 750.00 for a new set..

2nd rating of 2008 CX7
By Marlo on 03/23/10 10:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my second rating of this vehicle and not much has changed. I purchased the 2008 CX7 Sport December 2007 and it came with some options. It currently has 45k miles and I drive it alot. I haven't experienced any major problems with the vehicle. The CEL came on once about 6 months after purchase. The light came on again last week but it keeps coming on/going off. I replaced the tires around 36k miles. My complaint about this vehicle remains the same - the stiff suspension. I don't have any additional complaints to add and the vehicle suits my needs. Considering my experience with the vehicle so far (and if the ride wasn't so stiff,) I would probably purchase it again

Best decision I ever made
By LMazda on 02/17/10 21:10 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love everything about this car. It is fast to accelerate, fun to drive, and a great looking car. It draws a lot of attention because not many people have them. The only bad thing is tires are expensive. I have had the car for four months and I still get excited every time I drive it. BUY IT

Great Looking car - but beware of tires.
By Kara on 02/10/10 13:35 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love how the car stands out - it's different than what everyone has. Really appreciate Mazda's design innovation. I considered myself a big advocate for the brand, however this will be my last...the past two Mazda's have required a tire replacement much to early. Two tires on my CX-7 (Touring model) are considered "dangerous" and two "suggested replacements". So at 20,000 miles, I'm paying over $900 for four new tires. Mazda will not take any responsibility even though they make the decision to use that tire. I have never had this issue with any vehicle - other than my two Mazdas. So if you go this route - make sure to bake in extra costs for this issue.

Fell in love....now HATE
By jerseygirl on 02/02/10 18:51 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This was my second car ever and I was completely in love until the cars issues began! It killed me to see this car break so much because it was my baby. Turbo went twice, tires had to be changed at 20000 miles, navigation only works when it wants to, the engine ticks VERY loudly, squeaks like a 30 year old car, battery just went due to bad starter (still fighting dealership over that), the gas mileage is terrible!,the paint scratches very easily, and the abs has failed more then once. This car could be a awesome car if they fixed the problems! I loved it so much when I bought it!

very disappointed
By Angela on 02/01/10 19:40 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had the suv for a year and half I have had to take it in 3 times bought it brand new I am very disappointed. I think when you buy a brand new vehicle it should work. I will NEVER buy a Mazda again and if you are thinking about purchasing this vehicle Please Think Twice cause it has been a nightmare for our family.I wish they would take it back.

Would never buy this car again!
By amyemme on 01/31/10 13:45 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car has horrible paint. As someone else stated paint seems to have flaws. I live in Michigan this car is horrible in even 1 inch of snow ! The tires are very cheap. Need new tires at 12k. I haven't experienced the a/c problems others reported is the only positive. The gas mileage is also horrible. The biggest annoyance is the road noise. Can't talk on phone when on the highway without turning cell phone vol. way up !! There also is no room for an infant carseat. I have to move my seat forward to put my baby in or out when using my carseat base. I wish my lease was up last year! Don't buy this car.

Loved it... and now hate it
By Mark on 01/14/10 17:44 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I started off loving the CX-7 and after having it for over a year I now hate it sadly. The engine makes excellent power, could easily make more, but is held back by the automatic trans. When in auto mode its ok but manual mode is an absolute joke. It takes so long to shift that without perfect timing it would never give optimal acceleration. A manual version, which they do have overseas, would really wake it up. We've had some issues, biggest being the a/c failing. I've seen others have the same a/c issues and dealerships seem to not be covering them under warranty. It eats tires. I could go on much more but don't have enough room to type all that's wrong. Won't buy a new Mazda again.

My Experience With my MazdaCX7 so for...
By Siva on 12/12/09 22:31 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this CX7 2008 model around Jan 09. Got huge discount... I got 6k less than msrp. great deal. Considered crv rav4 outlander forester and then closed in on mazda cx7 for its style and performance. So far I have put 15k miles ..drives great so for. Drove my car from batonrouge la to los angeles ca close to 1800 miles and didn't feel a bit tired... drove (9-10 hrs) for three days and took two breaks at junction tx and wilcox az. the whole trip averaged close to 24 which I am happy. texas stretch I drove at 80mph and averaged 21.4. I am tech guy / contractor so I go to diff places and my mazda cx7 gives me good company. la to san jose @ 60 mph gv me 28mpg. great car overall.

2008 Mazda CX7 Review.
By Edward D'Eustachio on 11/16/09 07:00 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great mid-size SUV. Handling above average but could be better. Fuel economy not good. Plenty of power. Would love to see this model in a hybrid. Would love to have been able to purchase the sun roof as a stand alone option.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.