2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Sophisticated and Spunky
By rpleb35 on 01/08/12 13:34 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought a used 08 CX7 about a month ago with only 25,000 miles on it. After looking at many crossovers, I never considered the CX7 because I didnt know they existed. After seeing this on the lot, I fell in love with it. This is my first ever foreign car and although I was torn about buying foreign, I couldnt be more happier with this vehicle. It has the power of any full size SUV out there. I am getting about 20 miles combined to the gallon. This isnt that great but I knew that going in. The car is well built and it is so much fun to drive. Although I bought primarily for my wife to drive, I find myself using it whenever I can. This is a vehicle that I will keep for a long long time.

Great SUV
By jaron1 on 11/12/11 09:25 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great car considered lots of other vehicles before buying. I thought the some of these reviews were unfair about this car as most of the problems were due to driver error. And not keeping up on normal maintenance this is a fantastic car fun to drive lots of spunk and great ride quality. Its quite inside with plenty of room I would recomend this car to anyone

Big Disapointment
By lilgreenfrog76 on 07/18/11 17:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I thought driving a Mazda would be wonderful. I love forgeign cars as they last forever!! I couldn't be more wrong. Bought the car with 16k miles and at 70k miles, the engine blows. First was thought the timing chain broke, but wasn't. Mazda will NOT stand by their product. They have a crappy warrenty for a reason. Their cars are CRAP!! I checked out more cars like mine, there IS a bad problem with the engines!!! There is NO reason for a maintained car to have such issues at low miles. I had a VW with 144k miles, 10 years old and never once gave me problems. SHAME ON YOU MAZDA!! Build a better car or fix it. Check reviews and engine problems on the 07' & 08' CX-7's!! U have been WARNED!!!!

Fun to drive, not fun to maintain
By ShiftLft on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2008 CX7 is a fun car to drive, but over the years has been less than fun to maintain. Less than 3 months after purchasing it brand new, the exhaust tips began rusting. That was the first bad sign. Since then in just over 2 years, I've had a door replaced after rusting, trailer hitch has rusted, tires lasted a whole 18,000 miles, I need new brakes and rotors already, and the EGR valve has gone bad and needs replacement ($900 repair). After all of this, last week I decided to trade in the vehicle rather than deal with 3 more years of problems on the loan. I'm picking up my 2011 GMC Terrain tomorrow.

Mazada CX7
By Steve on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I get 20+ mpg in town and 23 hwy. I have put almost 70,000 miles on in the last 2 1/2 years. A lot of room inside and very stylish outside. I have been very satisfied with my CX7. Dependable with good service, comfort, and power.

My 1st Mazda, lovin' the 2008 CX-7!
By JES on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After owning all American cars (Chryslers, Fords and one GM) since my beloved 1985 Honda Civic I purchased a 2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring after a recommendation from one of the dealerships I was shopping at. I had never even considered a Mazda before but I did about 4 days of crash research on everything Mazda I could find on the Net and test drove 3 different CX-7's before I made the purchase. After a week and a half of ownership I am in love with it. The drive, performance and look are second to none and I got a GREAT DEAL on it. So far I am very impressed and pleased with it, looking forward to doing a little customization on it! :-)

My experience with CX7
By Liz on 08/30/10 07:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I'm currently leasing a Mazda CX-7 and for the most part its been fun to drive, I do have an issue with Mazda the quality of tires they are choosing is the lowest, and I say this because I'm in the tire business, I only got 12,00 miles with the original tires. This is very disappointing I went to the dealership and they don't want any part of this they direct you to Bridgestone even worse, its wear and tear and that is b%$%^%^%. I have bought and leased may other cars never had this problem. Yes it has 18' wheels but choose a better class tire "BRIDGESTONE TURANZA" is a low class tire and they know it. I have replaced my tires and the ride is more smoother. Good luck to anyone that buys a Mazda

Average at Best
By Steve Bylinowski on 07/08/10 05:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I leased this car in early 2008. I got a good lease deal with no money down but the car didn't perform in the winter. If you live in area where it snows, forget it! I couldn't get up the small hill outside of my house! Everything else about the car is average, not terrible, not great. Also, they nickel and dime you when you turn it back in, beware. I would not get another Mazda.

Not bad for the price
By Granny on 07/07/10 17:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Tires are shot at 24K. Car driven by a little old granny in town and have had a number of long highway trips and am guessing highway mileage is close to 13k of the 24K. Plenty quick. Bought entirely on looks and cheap 2 year lease.

loove the cx7
By gary on 05/04/10 18:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

love the cx7..the only problem is the tires only lasted 27,000 miles..everything else works perfect.. my wife loves the car..and i enjoy driving this suv...car has no problem running 100 mph and has more left in it...no complaints...only the tires... yes they are 18" and cost me 750.00 for a new set..

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.