2008 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
So far so good, could be better
By Richard Josh on 10/29/07 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was looking for a great value crossover vehicle. I was eyeing the Audi Q5 but it won't come out until late 2009. So I shopped around and compared different makes. The CX7 by far is the closest to the Audi specs. I got the sport version (no leather seats & moonroof).

2008 Mazda CX-7
By happy buyer on 10/18/07 01:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great bang for the buck.... looks like an SUV, but rides like a car. Runs smooth, with great turbo. Love the car! It's a great buy!

Mazda CX-7: fantastic crossover
By Nikster on 10/15/07 15:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've owned this car for just under a month now, and am totally blown away by how much fun it is to drive. I have a Lexus ES 300, and bought this car for my wife. But I find myself arguing with her over who gets to drive this on the weekend. Great looking exterior, good looking interior, excellent functional features. I got the GT AWD with the technology package - just love the way the nav screen moves to reveal the CD player. For a family of 2 who needs more space but doesn't want to go for a large SUV, this is perfect. The way the turbocharger kicks in to give the car a boost, is phenomenal. Gripes include an over sensitive light sensor that dims the screen, no memory seats.

Similar to 626 touring sedan i4 turbo
By smokerz on 10/15/07 12:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I don't get physically beat up on trips. Handles like a sports car. The ride is a little firm but seats are comfortable. Took a trip from Detroit to Clarion, Pa with air on and cruise set at 72 mph. City mpg 19.9 and Hwy 23.9 a pleasant surprise. The ipod inte kit works fine although most people will not like its featureless design to opearate. I just make my playlists and listen to the music. No text is visible.

Great but could be better
By Nate on 10/14/07 00:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We decided to get rid of our 04 Grand Prix due to several bad water pumps etc. We finally settled on the CX-7 after looking at it and the Mazda 5. The car has a sleek sporty shape to it and handles amazingly well, almost better than our old sedan. It has a lot of pep for a 4 cylinder. It is relatively comfortable and fairly decent on gas mileage. We have put a about 1200 miles on it so far and really enjoy it. The only problem we have had is one of the window control buttons did not work on the driver's door.

Great crossover and fun to drive!
By Jim_ in_ PA on 09/30/07 09:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Fun to drive and outstanding engineering by the Japanese. Currently getting 22 mpg. The 2.3L 4 cylinder has great acceleration along with great body syle, this crossover is a real winner! Most fun I have ever had driving a vehicle.

2008 GT with Tech Pack
By emmjay28 on 09/25/07 13:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded in my 04 RX-8 GT last week for the 08 CX-7 GT. I wanted something with better mileage, more room, yet still sporty and stylish. The CX-7 was perfect, because it draws heavily on the RX-8's style and isn't all that much bigger. I expected to be disappointed with its 4-cyl engine, but have been pleasantly surprised by its performance. It's peppy and the transmission is smooth, almost feels like a CVT. Love the manual shift mode. Leather is comfy and stylish with the stripe down the middle of the seats. Nav system is a dramatic improvement from my RX-8 nav system, the touchscreen is simple and has lots of features.

Love the efficiency, oh and zoom zoom 2
By Ransom on 09/07/07 13:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My new employer allowed me to pick out, negotiate, and purchase the vehicle I wished to use for company traveling. My ultimate choice was between Honda CR-V, and the Mazda CX-7. The Mazda won out because it drives like a sports car, has four doors, and loads of space for carrying work related marketing/sales equipment. I love it, it's awesome to drive and averages over 20 mpg with lots of zoom zoom zoom.

2008 GT CX-7 AWD
By ZoomZoom on 08/30/07 09:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I did not rate reliability since I have only owned the SUV for 1 month or less. The sport tuned drive train/suspension is awesome, really grabs the road. The pick-up (horsepower) is awesome. I got the 6 disc CD, Bose system, which is wonderful. My husband owns a Murano and this SUV blows it away from stand-still starts, but that might be because of the CVT in the Murano. The CX-7 is a bit louder with regards to road noise compared to the Nissan, but much more fun to drive/sportier. Don't be afraid of the 4 cylinder, it rocks. Of course it is going to be louder than most v6 engines due to the turbo. All in all I am very pleased.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.