2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Fun car to drive but too many issues.
By colgezgini on 01/04/13 16:40 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I will edit this review with details; in a nut shell, it is very fun to drive, good steering and suspension response on all kind of roads. It is agile and has road holding that is better than all of its rivals. Its brakes are also impressive and despite they are little difficult to dose, stopping distance is beautiful. I am 6'7" and I fit inside comfortably. Actually, I have a friend who owns an BMW X6 and a 2010 CX-7 and he likes dynamics of CX-7 more than X6. His words are "CX-7 is like extension of my body, obeys all my orders perfectly".

My 1st Mazda, lovin' the 2008 CX-7!
By JES on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After owning all American cars (Chryslers, Fords and one GM) since my beloved 1985 Honda Civic I purchased a 2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring after a recommendation from one of the dealerships I was shopping at. I had never even considered a Mazda before but I did about 4 days of crash research on everything Mazda I could find on the Net and test drove 3 different CX-7's before I made the purchase. After a week and a half of ownership I am in love with it. The drive, performance and look are second to none and I got a GREAT DEAL on it. So far I am very impressed and pleased with it, looking forward to doing a little customization on it! :-)

loove the cx7
By gary on 05/04/10 18:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

love the cx7..the only problem is the tires only lasted 27,000 miles..everything else works perfect.. my wife loves the car..and i enjoy driving this suv...car has no problem running 100 mph and has more left in it...no complaints...only the tires... yes they are 18" and cost me 750.00 for a new set..

Loved it... and now hate it
By Mark on 01/14/10 17:44 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I started off loving the CX-7 and after having it for over a year I now hate it sadly. The engine makes excellent power, could easily make more, but is held back by the automatic trans. When in auto mode its ok but manual mode is an absolute joke. It takes so long to shift that without perfect timing it would never give optimal acceleration. A manual version, which they do have overseas, would really wake it up. We've had some issues, biggest being the a/c failing. I've seen others have the same a/c issues and dealerships seem to not be covering them under warranty. It eats tires. I could go on much more but don't have enough room to type all that's wrong. Won't buy a new Mazda again.

Value SUV
By Ed on 07/12/09 07:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have owned the vehicle 18 months. Replaced the factor tires at 12K miles, and the AC compressor at 26K. Both very unacceptable, (AC was covered by warranty.) With that said, this vehicle represents the most car for the money in its segment. I have a Grand Touring with Navigation and paid less than 29K. Try and find anything for that price that drives like this car. It has plenty of room, drives and looks great, and it get's around 20 mpg. My lease ends this November and I will most likely buy this CX7 at lease end. If you drive this car, and compare it to it to other SUV's, you will buy it. Compare this to an Acura MDX and you will have an extra $10K to buy a few extra set of tires.

Best Value in Mid Sized SUV
By stephenb924 on 10/27/08 19:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just bought my second CX-7. After 2 years, turned in a leased Galaxy Gray GT for a purchased 2008 Mica Copper Red GT, Sand leather interior loaded with every option. It is the first time ever I have repeated on a new vehicle with the same body style. The CX-7 was ahead of the styling curve and the other 'crossovers' are just catching up. Exception is the Infiniti FX, a great vehicle, but for price and value, the CX-7 cannot be touched. Some ding it for the mileage, but its reasonable for its class and the 2008-09 can use regular fuel (07 required premium). Performance (244 hp) and handling are like a sports car. Zoom Zoom is more than hype. My other car is a 350z roadster. Both are a blast.

Performance Value
By ED on 04/04/08 08:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

You can not find a performance CUV that gives you more equipment for the price. The only car that compares in performance is the Acura RDX, and it costs $10,000 more when equipped the same. Love the look of the leather seats. Navigation system is well placed and is easy to use. The car is very fast when you get the RPMs up. Have had the car 3 months and it is flawless. Fuel economy has been as low as 15 and as high as 21. I have started using 87 octane and it seems to perform "OK". The HID headlights are wonderful and the heated seats are sure nice in the winter. If you want a CUV that handles like it is on rails, this is the vehicle for you.

Southern CX-7
By southern CX-7 on 04/03/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had the CX-7 for over 1.5 years and love it. We had to have some recall work done once. All the rest is simple maintainence. Gas mileage has been improving, we are getting closer to 18.5 in town now, as high as 25 mpg on the hwy. Mostly 22-23 mpg. Tubo lag is slight but you get use to the peddle and know how to activate it smoothly. It is a blast to drive on open roads. The brakes are great especially for emergency stops in town. We are retired now and don't travel quite as much, but we do use it on long trips. We have the FWD GT with navigation, sirius, everything you could get but DVD screen.

A question of Mileage
By Hedonistic on 03/24/08 00:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my cx 7 in March and I am happy with my purchase. The exterior and interior are wonderful and innovative. However, the gas mileage is atrocious. Turbo lag takes away from the performance, and the car has a very slow pick up without the turbo kicking in. Mazda has yet to prove its reliability in the crowded Japanese market. They offer a six cd changer but no ipod jack?

Excellent SUV with a much lesser price
By Masood on 03/10/08 15:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I test drove almost all SUV in this segment, Honda CR-V, Toyota Rav4, Nissan Murano, Arura RDX, Lexus 350, Infiniti FX-35 and found this SUV the most attractive one for the money that I paid, this suv is fun to drive with lot of style. It has all the qualities of the luxury SUV's with much lesser price. Only issue is premium gas and low mileage. But overall it is the best in its segment

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.