2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Mazda Builds CRAP!!!!!! Buyer Beware
By jimjaq1 on 03/20/13 06:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Mazda's design engineers have the heads in a very dark hole. The turbo charger they put in the vehicle does not lubricate itself and fails quickly. At 70K the timing belt has stretched and failed causing a complete rebuild of the engine (BTW, Mazda won't cover any of that, wait until you get to deal with their warranty people). Mazda has design a vehicle that is very noisy inside, bad visibility from anywhere inside the car, terrible air-conditioning, the car rides like a stage coach, and worst of all Mazda does not back its warranties and hides from its responsibilities concerning its products....buyer beware

Worst Car Ever
By 524dnx on 06/21/12 10:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been driving Hondas for 30 years. I purchased the Mazda 2 years ago. The turbo just went out and Mazda won't honior the warrantly because there is "sludge" in my engine. The Mazda dealership told me to replace the entire engine at a cost of $9000. I have 60,000 miles on it. Regular maintenance and use synthetic oil but since I did not have my oil changes done at the dealership the dealership won't cover it either. Also, I bought it used and did think to ask for copies of the oil changes from the previous owner and without those, I can't prove the oil was changed every 3,000 miles.

Sophisticated and Spunky
By rpleb35 on 01/08/12 13:34 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought a used 08 CX7 about a month ago with only 25,000 miles on it. After looking at many crossovers, I never considered the CX7 because I didnt know they existed. After seeing this on the lot, I fell in love with it. This is my first ever foreign car and although I was torn about buying foreign, I couldnt be more happier with this vehicle. It has the power of any full size SUV out there. I am getting about 20 miles combined to the gallon. This isnt that great but I knew that going in. The car is well built and it is so much fun to drive. Although I bought primarily for my wife to drive, I find myself using it whenever I can. This is a vehicle that I will keep for a long long time.

Average at Best
By Steve Bylinowski on 07/08/10 05:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I leased this car in early 2008. I got a good lease deal with no money down but the car didn't perform in the winter. If you live in area where it snows, forget it! I couldn't get up the small hill outside of my house! Everything else about the car is average, not terrible, not great. Also, they nickel and dime you when you turn it back in, beware. I would not get another Mazda.

Not bad for the price
By Granny on 07/07/10 17:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Tires are shot at 24K. Car driven by a little old granny in town and have had a number of long highway trips and am guessing highway mileage is close to 13k of the 24K. Plenty quick. Bought entirely on looks and cheap 2 year lease.

2nd rating of 2008 CX7
By Marlo on 03/23/10 10:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my second rating of this vehicle and not much has changed. I purchased the 2008 CX7 Sport December 2007 and it came with some options. It currently has 45k miles and I drive it alot. I haven't experienced any major problems with the vehicle. The CEL came on once about 6 months after purchase. The light came on again last week but it keeps coming on/going off. I replaced the tires around 36k miles. My complaint about this vehicle remains the same - the stiff suspension. I don't have any additional complaints to add and the vehicle suits my needs. Considering my experience with the vehicle so far (and if the ride wasn't so stiff,) I would probably purchase it again

2008 Mazda CX7 Review.
By Edward D'Eustachio on 11/16/09 07:00 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great mid-size SUV. Handling above average but could be better. Fuel economy not good. Plenty of power. Would love to see this model in a hybrid. Would love to have been able to purchase the sun roof as a stand alone option.

Wish I knew about the tire situation.
By beachybum76 on 04/20/09 09:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Well I have had my car for a little over a year. I really love my car but I am having to replace my tires already. FYI- the warranty on tires for new cars is for only a year after that its your problem. And then there is the gas problem. Can you say wow? If you have money to spend on gas, then this car is for you. Other than that I love my car.

dissatisfied
By disappointed on 04/06/09 14:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Air compressor locked up at 18000 miles and burned the drive belt up. Gas mileage stinks, don't let the dealership lie about the fuel, you HAVE to use premium gas or it lugs and shifts like crap.

I love my Mazda CX-7
By hunt5368 on 03/04/09 08:55 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car after an accident in my Nissan Murano. The turbo 4-cylinder engine is surprisingly quick and there is no roll when taking turns. I only wish there were more cubbies for the driver. Its roomy enough to take family trips and compact enough for your daily errands. I would definitely recommend the CX-7.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.