Used 2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Mazda Builds CRAP!!!!!! Buyer Beware
By jimjaq1

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Mazda's design engineers have the heads in a very dark hole. The turbo charger they put in the vehicle does not lubricate itself and fails quickly. At 70K the timing belt has stretched and failed causing a complete rebuild of the engine (BTW, Mazda won't cover any of that, wait until you get to deal with their warranty people). Mazda has design a vehicle that is very noisy inside, bad visibility from anywhere inside the car, terrible air-conditioning, the car rides like a stage coach, and worst of all Mazda does not back its warranties and hides from its responsibilities concerning its products....buyer beware

There are NO redeeming features in this vehicle. Please buy a Toyota, or a Ford, but DO NOT invest your good money on a Mazda product, it would be throwing you money down a rat-hole

The company should make bottle caps, it appears that's the extent of their mechanical and electrical prowess. PLEASE heed this review, you'll regret your decision, it's only a matter of miles.

Worst Car Ever
By 524dnx

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been driving Hondas for 30 years. I purchased the Mazda 2 years ago. The turbo just went out and Mazda won't honior the warrantly because there is "sludge" in my engine. The Mazda dealership told me to replace the entire engine at a cost of $9000. I have 60,000 miles on it. Regular maintenance and use synthetic oil but since I did not have my oil changes done at the dealership the dealership won't cover it either. Also, I bought it used and did think to ask for copies of the oil changes from the previous owner and without those, I can't prove the oil was changed every 3,000 miles.

Sophisticated and Spunky
By rpleb35

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought a used 08 CX7 about a month ago with only 25,000 miles on it. After looking at many crossovers, I never considered the CX7 because I didnt know they existed. After seeing this on the lot, I fell in love with it. This is my first ever foreign car and although I was torn about buying foreign, I couldnt be more happier with this vehicle. It has the power of any full size SUV out there. I am getting about 20 miles combined to the gallon. This isnt that great but I knew that going in. The car is well built and it is so much fun to drive. Although I bought primarily for my wife to drive, I find myself using it whenever I can. This is a vehicle that I will keep for a long long time.

Amount of power for a 4 cylinder. The exterior design is sporty and shows muscle.

Its minor but I wish there was a outside temperature gauge on the dash. After owning vehicles with one, I do miss it.

Average at Best
By Steve Bylinowski

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I leased this car in early 2008. I got a good lease deal with no money down but the car didn't perform in the winter. If you live in area where it snows, forget it! I couldn't get up the small hill outside of my house! Everything else about the car is average, not terrible, not great. Also, they nickel and dime you when you turn it back in, beware. I would not get another Mazda.

Nice to look at

Better winter performance!

Not bad for the price
By Granny

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Tires are shot at 24K. Car driven by a little old granny in town and have had a number of long highway trips and am guessing highway mileage is close to 13k of the 24K. Plenty quick. Bought entirely on looks and cheap 2 year lease.

Quickness and fun to drive

Automatic lights would be nice, better tires, ac seems to be a little slow cooling down, cut down on the noise, gas mileage is skinny for 4 cyl. I get 24-25 on the highway at a steady 70 mph