Used 2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Great car
By Mariah

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Surprise, Surprise!!!
By Causality of a Bad Design

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought 2008 CX-7 in '08 with no miles. Had no issues until June 2014 after driving the car 2.5 miles and the car started to overheat. I parked the car and took it to the dealer the next day. Diagnosis, the engine needed to relaced. Never had a check engine light warning or any other indicator for that matter. It is now October 2015, a refurbished engine and new turbo later, the car still does't work. The car has been operational maybe 4 months in this timeframe. A car salesman who was a friend told me to trade it in after paying on it for 3 years back in '11 because he said these engines were bad. I wish I had listened. Mazda should be ashamed of themselves. This model's engine was a lemon.

Let me tell you!!
By lykeisha

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got this car with 18k miles on it and I initially loved it despite the premium gas and the gas mileage it was great. We took it on family trips from Ohio to Florida on 3 occasions. 60k noticed an oil leak-engine ouil cooler was defective-not covered under warranty but Mazda was aware that this was a known issue and was doing nothing about it. Cost-$600+. White smoke out the exhaust-Vent kit needed-known issue not covered. Cost-$700+. At now 98k all of a sudden rattling took it in low on oil by 4 quarts?? No oil light came on or service light came on?? A week later guess what same thing..and the engine is blown! Talk about Angry... I still owe on it and I am just going to junk it.

Body, turbo, torque, and the driver seat adjustment!

I had contacted Mazada when the engine oil cooler went out because the mazda dealer I got my car from said this is a known problem and they were not going to be making this model anymore because of all the issues. I asked if they were going to take some kind of responsibilty- Answer was-No! Even though I was still under warranty. Mazada needs to take responsibility by fixing the problem of charge or offering trade-in for another mazada and taking car of the remainder of the car loans people took out in an effort to buy this vehicle. The interior was always horrible from the ceiling to the carpet! Tires were too expensive. Pretty much done at 60k.

Turbo gone!!!!
By nichele

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my 2008 CX7 with almost 5k miles. I really enjoyed driving it....until the timing chain had to be replaced at at 40000 miles, which I thought was a little soon but it was covered.
About a year ago, I had to have the engine mount replaced, some bearings were worn and there was an oil leak. That was not covered over $1000 worth of repairs. The CEL came on over the weekend. Took it to the dealer ,turbo engine done....timing chain again, The car needs almost 9000 dollars worth of repairs..are you kidding me!!!
The service rep told me that I did good for having 95k miles on the car without anyhing major happening before now.
Going to get rid of this car!!!

Engine Failure CX7 @ 70K miles
By ruby23

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought a Certified CX7 2008. A year and a half later the car is completely giving out. We take MAJOR care of all our cars with Synthetic Oil, so when they told us it was due to "Sludge" it was definitely a slap in the face. The engine needs to be replaced at only 70k miles. We talked to a mechanic and he told us that the turbo overhearts the engine turning everything into sludge and even melting it. Although we have a platinum coverage, the insurance is doing everything they can to blame it on us. I've been looking at reviews and it seems ALOT of you are having or had the same issues! It's horrible to keep paying for a car whose engine dies of its own malfunction. Its time Mazda owns up!

None anymore!

Improve your engines and remove the turbo, its over heating causing malfunctions and melting.