Advise please?
By elvis8it on
2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I have owned my Mazda CX7 for three years, with very little problems. However, I am concerned about possible turbo issues down the road. Would love to hear about other owners of 2007 CX7's with over 60K? I have about 50K on mine. I currently love the car. I had one issue in which the warranty covered with no questions (I did have to show my maintenance records). This was for the the VVT / Time chain issue. Mazda took care of it, no problems, even provided me a loaner car!
By simbaman
on 04/25/11 07:42 AM (PDT)

You are fortunate Mazda fixed the timing chain problem and also gave you a loaner. I would steer away from CX7. Have a look at all the other reviews and it's easy to judge how many CX7 owners have had issues. Good luck.

By jenijen32
on 06/08/11 12:53 PM (PDT)

If I were you I would get rid of it before the problems start! I was fortunate enough to get rid of mine before the engine went out! It had 67K on it! I paid cash for it and took very good care of it!!! I will never own another Mazda again! Good luck to you! If you notice white smoke coming from the exhaust that is a sign your turbo is going out!