Some good advise to current owners
By wlu on
2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Here is my advise to those who still own a 2007 CX7. 1. Pay the $600 (or so) and have a mechanic open engine to clean any sludge that may have accumulated over the years. Make sure they check over the timing chain and VVT actuator. 2. Don't follow Mazda's service plan, perform oil changes every 3000 miles. My Mazda dealer switched to 5w-20 (instead of 5w-30) because it is more durable with the turbo. You might want to do the same. I loved the performance of the car the short 2 years I had it. Build quality is ridiculously cheap! Parts are crazy expensive! I traded our CX7 in yesterday for our first Ford (always owned Mazda until now). I wish you all good luck with this car.
Favorite Features
The looks! This car is beautiful. I got compliments all the time! The speed the turbo provides. This car can move! The handling is awesome. Felt more like a sports car than a CUV.
Suggested Improvements
Why would Mazda create a car that requires premium gas!?!? Suspension and seats were far from comfortable. Long drives really did a number on our backs and butts. Road noise at high speeds (60 mph) is very loud! Interior was very cheap looking and plasticky (I believe they changed it in the 2010 model). Build quality was lacking. Tires went at 30,000 miles ($700). Rear bearing went at 39,000 miles ($370). A/C compressor went at 44,000 miles (covered by Mazda- they extended the warranty on this part to 60,000 miles- should have been a recall).