DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY THIS CAR
By amylouise2 on
2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I bought my 2007 Mazda CX-7 Turbo with AWD a year ago. A few months ago I needed to renew my inspection. I drove down to the dealership to get it inspected, and they told me the codes in the monitors are in readiness mode. My fiance and I took the car out to the highway and all in all, by the time we got back to the dealership, we had been driving for 3 hours. 3 major codes still haven't come in yet and I have been taking the car on major trips for the last three months. I have been making sure all of the oil changes and maintenance is done. Still not sure what the issue is. I've been on the phone with Mazda dealerships and I've taken it to a few different mechanics and nobody has an answer.
Favorite Features
I love the space in the car, perfect for everything I need. The turbo is fun to drive with, but lags. The center console is amazing, overly roomy and even though I don't use it, the lock feature is nice to have. It comes equipped with a BOSE sound system that's decent.
Suggested Improvements
Other than the side door pockets and the cup holders in the middle, there's not a whole lot of space to put things under the stereo system. The car also requires premium gas. I was driving an hour to work and back at one point and with the sky rocketing gas prices, that wasn't fun. From what I've been hearing, this car is built with a number of different issues. I wish I had done my research a little more thoroughly before buying this car. Since I'm unable to inspect it right now, I'm not going to get near what I should for the trade in. I was completely ripped off by the dealership...