Never buying a Mazda again.
By kmdw on
2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
My wife bought her CX-7 used with around 40,000 miles. Timing chain broke at 60,100 miles. No check engine light until car actually stopped running (in passing lane on busy interstate). Mazda is replacing the engine right now, no questions asked, despite her not being able to find all her oil change receipts. I suppose we have to thank everyone else before us who had this problem and complained, otherwise we'd be in the same boat. This thing apparently develops other problems that we don't want to to have to deal with, so as soon as it's fixed, we're trading it in!!!
By ebricha
on 02/13/12 09:42 AM (PST)

I've purchased my 07' mazda new, the last few months I've notice a noise coming from my car, my car was sounding loud, had it looked at and more than one person said they didnt hear anything,I have only 59,000 miles on my car. but I knew something was wrong. now come to find out its the VVT after it was inspected by Mazda dealers they also said my bad VVT has caused the timing chain to stretch, and I shouldnt be driving my car. BUT get this they're not going to fix it!! Not until I produce ALL my oil change receipt. Thats almost five years. I dont get it if they know the parts bad, then they should fix it. Plus what about the timing belt? I dont know what to do!! How did you get them to fix the problem no questions asked, cause they are giving us a hard time?

By simbaman
on 04/22/11 09:29 AM (PDT)

The Mazda CX7 is a disaster. When I bought a new 2007 Mazda CX7, I was thrilled by the ride and acceleration. Over time I began to realise that I had made a very wrong choice. My car needed all 4 new brake rotors in the first year. That seemed to soon considering that at no time had driven the car in a manner that requires hard braking. My dealer made a "courtesy" replacement of the rotors. 18 months in my ownership and I began seeing the engine light switch on. This required replacement of a valve in the fuel line and was done again as a coutesy. Shortly after that the chrome mouldings at the bottom of the rear door windows began sliding forward causing the front doors to get blocked. To be able to open the front doors I had to open the rear doors first. The dealership did not think it was a defective design. Again as a favour they replaced one and NOT the other. 3.5 years later they trimmed the other side so that I could open the front door. What was worst is the slipping 3rd gear. this began 2 years into ownership and the dealership refused to fix the issue. Mazda Canada did not even respond to my complaints. The beauty of this car is very skin deep. In addition to the relaibility, it's fit and finish is very poor. Tires wear out quickly. Because of the turbo, hot air spews into the cabin area. The AC is not strong enough to cool the car either. My advice to anyone - Stay away from the CX7. The new models are not any better. I replaced my C& with a Honda CRV at the end of the lease.