2007 Mazda CX-7 2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Fun to drive, looks sharp

2007 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Review

Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Fun to drive, looks sharp
By CX-7 Owner on

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my CX-7 about a week ago. Incredibly fun to drive. Transmission changes gears smoothly and effortlessly. Never feels heavy or ponderous. Able to zip ahead when you want to pass, whether you're going 30 or 80. Handling and braking are very good. Handles turns and cloverleafs much better than other SUVs without feeling like the car is leaning. Exterior styling is great. People have walked up in parking lots to ask about it and offer compliments on how good it looks. Have found myself just going out to drive, or heading to a store 20 miles away just to get a chance to drive a little more.

Favorite Features

Very attractive exterior styling, excellent handling and braking, automatic shifts very smoothly, nav system is very easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage is only OK. My 1st tank got 17.8mpg in mixed driving. I'd like more places to put stuff, like sunglasses, etc. Main storage right now is a HUGE center console, which is useful, but I also like little places on the dash and overhead for sunglasses.