2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews 8

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Its an ok SUV
By Lissette on 06/14/09 20:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Mazda CX7 in 2007 and I regret it. Less than 1 year my Air compressor Blew. Then the AC after the year in January of 2009 It doesn't work now that the warranty is up, I have to pay. I took it to Mazda 1 wk after the Manufacturer Warranty was up, they said they couldn't help me. Oh by the way do not get the tire protection, its a waste of money they say that all mazda dearlers accept the assignment, NOT. I had to pay out of pocket. Couldn't do anything about it because dealership closed.

Best Car Ever
By critter on 06/14/09 13:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is great. I am 6ft 3in and am mor that comfertable in this car. My wife who is 5ft 4in loves it as well. It is easy to load the kids up in it and go anywhere. I live in the North West and we have had record snow fall the last 2 years and have had not 1 problem with it. Every where we take it people ask what kind of car it is and are amazed at the space. In the snow this car is the best we where able to take it up snowbording several times and it held all of our gear and 5 adults for the 2 hr drive and never got stuck. I am very protective of my wife and kids and would never let them get in an unsafe car after reading consumer reports and other magazines I had to but this car

No more Mazda for me
By MikeL23 on 04/27/09 13:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a fun car when it's not in the shop. Gas cap replaced; turned on engine service light. Transaxle went out 22,ooo miles. Fuel gauge showed half tank, I ran out of gas on major city highway during rush hour. Fuel sending unit replaced. Turbo went out 42000 miles. Original tires lasted 20,000 miles. (soft tread) I've tried 5 different mazda dealers and have had the worst service I've ever experienced. Their techs and mechanics are incompetent. I've been lied to about oil changes. Had to take car back 4 and 5 times for repair issues. Example: floats not adjusted properly after sending unit replaced, digital key malfunction, they damaged fenders said my fault. ETC. Buy another brand

a steal of a deal
By foster on 04/08/09 02:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

bought this car new late 08 for 21 otd. Used it for the first time in a snow storm in the sierras and was completely confident with its ability. Not one problem with anything. wife loves it, i never get to drive it. Turbo needs the boost increased a tad. wish it came with the long roof racks like the cx-9. I feel i got more than my moneys worth.

Check Engine Light Problem - NO FIX
By AVOID THIS LEMON on 02/12/09 16:14 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this lemon a little over two years ago and don't drive it much. It only has 8500 miles and will be going into the shop for the FOURTH time for a check engine light problem that seems to be impossible to fix. If you enjoy visiting your dealership every 2000mi, this is the vehicle for you. Run, don't walk, away from your Mazda dealer.

DO NOT buy this car
By jimsands on 02/09/09 21:43 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I can only say that I will never buy another Mazda. As much fun as this car is to drive, the thing has had major mechanical problems from the first 20,000 miles, and I mean major problems. Turbo charger replaced twice, transfer case twice, air conditioner moter froze, throttle body died, serpantine belt broke on and on and on.... Thank god I bought the extended warranty.

Cold Water on CX-7
By CDT on 01/16/09 07:33 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a very annoying vehicle. It was the first one delivered in the area and no doubt has some new model quirks, but that does not explain a vehicle delivered with major misalignment that scrubbed the first tires in 10k miles, nor the turbo lag, nor the awful gas mileage (17-19 in almost all country driving), nor the terrible handling in snow (except straight ahead), nor the brakes that went metal to metal in 20k miles. It's pretty and fun on dry curvy roads, but overall it is a loser and will not be bought or repeated at lease end.

Great Little Car
By Martiif on 01/02/09 11:11 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

A few days after I purchased the car a huge storm hit the Northwest and I had a wedding to go to in the Mountains. I felt safe driving it from the start and never at any time had trouble with traction. I love the heated leather seats. I drove 300 hundred miles with four other people and their luggage with no problems. Most of the driving was on snow covered roads. It's maneuverable, quick and yes fun to drive even for an old guy. I've never really been into cars except for transportation and utility. I just hope I feel the same way about it after I own it for a longer period of time.

First Model Defect to Arise!
By Traveling Consultant on 01/02/09 08:25 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been a very happy motorist for the first 60,000 miles put on my Mazda CX-7. This is my third review for this car. My car averages between 19-21 mpg. I do lots of highway traveling and I usually travel 200+ mile trips. My OEM tires lasted for 28,000. My second set of tires (not factory but dealer recommended and cheaper) will probably be replaced at 80,000. Until 60,000 I had absolutely no issues with this car. About 60,000 the fuel sensor started coming up. I have identified I trigger this failure when stepping on the gas during exit ramp to highway acceleration events. There have been three such sensor failures, seems to be a recurring defect.

Stellar
By Christopher on 12/20/08 21:47 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this car and feel very safe driving it. The engine, performance, style and agility are impressive. I'm glad I bought the 2007 model because the gas mileage is better than the 2009's which take regular fuel. I've never owned a vehicle that made me excited about driving until I bought my copper red mica CX-7--its a blast to drive.