2007 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
No more Mazda for me
By MikeL23 on 04/27/09 13:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a fun car when it's not in the shop. Gas cap replaced; turned on engine service light. Transaxle went out 22,ooo miles. Fuel gauge showed half tank, I ran out of gas on major city highway during rush hour. Fuel sending unit replaced. Turbo went out 42000 miles. Original tires lasted 20,000 miles. (soft tread) I've tried 5 different mazda dealers and have had the worst service I've ever experienced. Their techs and mechanics are incompetent. I've been lied to about oil changes. Had to take car back 4 and 5 times for repair issues. Example: floats not adjusted properly after sending unit replaced, digital key malfunction, they damaged fenders said my fault. ETC. Buy another brand

a steal of a deal
By foster on 04/08/09 02:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

bought this car new late 08 for 21 otd. Used it for the first time in a snow storm in the sierras and was completely confident with its ability. Not one problem with anything. wife loves it, i never get to drive it. Turbo needs the boost increased a tad. wish it came with the long roof racks like the cx-9. I feel i got more than my moneys worth.

Check Engine Light Problem - NO FIX
By AVOID THIS LEMON on 02/12/09 16:14 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this lemon a little over two years ago and don't drive it much. It only has 8500 miles and will be going into the shop for the FOURTH time for a check engine light problem that seems to be impossible to fix. If you enjoy visiting your dealership every 2000mi, this is the vehicle for you. Run, don't walk, away from your Mazda dealer.

DO NOT buy this car
By jimsands on 02/09/09 21:43 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I can only say that I will never buy another Mazda. As much fun as this car is to drive, the thing has had major mechanical problems from the first 20,000 miles, and I mean major problems. Turbo charger replaced twice, transfer case twice, air conditioner moter froze, throttle body died, serpantine belt broke on and on and on.... Thank god I bought the extended warranty.

Cold Water on CX-7
By CDT on 01/16/09 07:33 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a very annoying vehicle. It was the first one delivered in the area and no doubt has some new model quirks, but that does not explain a vehicle delivered with major misalignment that scrubbed the first tires in 10k miles, nor the turbo lag, nor the awful gas mileage (17-19 in almost all country driving), nor the terrible handling in snow (except straight ahead), nor the brakes that went metal to metal in 20k miles. It's pretty and fun on dry curvy roads, but overall it is a loser and will not be bought or repeated at lease end.

Great Little Car
By Martiif on 01/02/09 11:11 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

A few days after I purchased the car a huge storm hit the Northwest and I had a wedding to go to in the Mountains. I felt safe driving it from the start and never at any time had trouble with traction. I love the heated leather seats. I drove 300 hundred miles with four other people and their luggage with no problems. Most of the driving was on snow covered roads. It's maneuverable, quick and yes fun to drive even for an old guy. I've never really been into cars except for transportation and utility. I just hope I feel the same way about it after I own it for a longer period of time.

First Model Defect to Arise!
By Traveling Consultant on 01/02/09 08:25 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been a very happy motorist for the first 60,000 miles put on my Mazda CX-7. This is my third review for this car. My car averages between 19-21 mpg. I do lots of highway traveling and I usually travel 200+ mile trips. My OEM tires lasted for 28,000. My second set of tires (not factory but dealer recommended and cheaper) will probably be replaced at 80,000. Until 60,000 I had absolutely no issues with this car. About 60,000 the fuel sensor started coming up. I have identified I trigger this failure when stepping on the gas during exit ramp to highway acceleration events. There have been three such sensor failures, seems to be a recurring defect.

Stellar
By Christopher on 12/20/08 21:47 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this car and feel very safe driving it. The engine, performance, style and agility are impressive. I'm glad I bought the 2007 model because the gas mileage is better than the 2009's which take regular fuel. I've never owned a vehicle that made me excited about driving until I bought my copper red mica CX-7--its a blast to drive.

2007 Mazda CX-7
By anna on 11/24/08 18:26 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The car looks nice but the tires are terrible. I only have 11,000 miles on the car and already need to replace all 4. I'm only 5'2 and there are a lot of blind spots in this vehicle. Fuel efficiency is ok, thankfully I only drive around town.

There are some issues
By familyof3 on 11/06/08 10:42 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have had this car for a little over 2 years and have 16,000 miles. We need all new tires because this car comes with racing tires which have a life of abut 20,000 miles. Wish I would have known that to save up for the $700 bill. Also my husband has lost his key before but someone turned it into his job. Key design is lousy. The "real" key comes loose too easy. Had 5 recalls which I have never gotten a notice for, just found out through the dealership. Overall we love this car and don't mind the extra $ for gas because we obviously don't drive it a lot. Good family car, love the navi! Could use some better features. road noise is loud, but we just turn up the radio!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.