Used 2007 Mazda CX-7 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Never again-Mazda worst company ever
By annoyed

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought the CX7 used at 36k miles, had a car fax run with no previous damage. Now it has 54k miles and is sitting in the driveway because the engine AND turbo are shot. Although I have every maintenance record possible, warranty wont cover it because they claim it was not maintained but I have EVERY record! Car is only worth maybe $12k now and the damage is $9K. It has been inoperable for over 6 months and will stay that way as I have had to hire an attorney. Mazda North American you have made a terrible car. Stop screwing over consumers and deal with this recurring issue. Do not buy this car. I'm warning each and every person reading this.

My favorite feature is the fact that I never have to drive this thing ever again.

Everything. Actually. Mazda should just do away with the car altogether. Read the rest of the consumer reports-awful car. Awful experience. Never again!

VERY Disappointing
By Very disapointed

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Brand new, 1st 6 months the AC compressor was replaced. About 2 months later the Turbo censor went out thank God this was still under warranty. So I driving home on July 20 something and the just dies. No lights no warnings. Had the car towed to firestone they couldn't figure it out after a day and a half. Towed the car back to Mazda they said it was the motor. It had to be replaced do to improper oil changes which is B.S. I think this is a bad model I have read similar problems.

Put out a recall on this. This is very dangerous to be driving without any warning your car can shut off in the middle of the road. I didn't trade my 10 year old maximum in for this headache.

A love it.
By greatglamdc

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This was the first car that I ever leased/bought on my own after college. I have had none of the hassles or problems that others listed about the AC/Turbo, and i put regular unleaded gas in mine! The only problem I had was my tires crapped our at about 25,000. The replacement tires cost me $1400, but it was well worth the investment- the wear on these hasn't been nearly as severe. I'm actually going into the dealership to buy my car tomorrow- I'm over the miles, but I would buy it anyways! It's a wonderful car.

Back up camera, power seats, seat heaters, navigation, leather- all the fun stuff

Ipod hookup (even my fiance's Scion has this, and it's a 2006!), better vision on left hand turns, dual temperature controls

Bought used, couldn't be happier
By djcuba908

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just bought my 2007 CX-7 Touring AWD used from Flemington Mazda in NJ. I was able to find this amazing car with almost no wear/tear in like new condition with only 40,000 miles. The car immediately impressed me with its braking performance and minimal body roll, this SUV drives more like a sports car than a truck. The leather interior is stunning, great easy maintenance for the kids. Plenty of space for our 3 year old and newborn in the backseat, cargo room is perfect. I almost got a Ford Edge, but the less than adequate braking power was concerning, but the Ford was definitely a smoother ride. All in all, this is a great car for a young family and dad like me who loves the sporty drive!

Styling (interior and exterior), leather seating, stereo, braking performance, turbo engine, overall sporty feel, room for the family.

None to speak of, turbo engine requires premium, but you can't really change that with a turbo.

Loving my CX7
By 2007 Mazda

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just recently purchased this 2007 used vehicle a few weeks ago. Reading the reviews are scary, but I haven't experienced a problem as of yet. With my vehicle I purchased the extended warranty for four years, hopefully that will cover any future problems if they should arrive. Wow, my first Mazda & I pray I don't encounter these problems. I figured I'd cross over after driving Honda all my life, I thought why not, and according to the reviews I made a bad decision, but I can only hope my vehicle is not apart of the problems everyone else is experiencing. So far so good & my fingers I crossed, cause I just love the lil vehicle as of now...

I got a lot for a little (Sunroof, Navigation system, Leather seats, Seat Warmer, Alloy Wheels, Keyless Entry, the works!

Gas mileage, I'm noticing could be better