2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
***Turbo Nightmare***
By **CX7 - JuNK!*** on 10/18/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Every single day I drove my car I have loved it! One day driving home from taking my daughter to school my car starting making a loud clanking noise and smoke came from the back of the car. I took it in for regular maintenance and was told that my turbo was blown and the coolant to the turbo had a leak. I took it to the mazda service department and they told me it was not covered under warranty and I would pay about 4,000-5,000 for new engine/turbo. What a nightmare, now I am paying a car note on a car that is parked in my garage. I can't afford the repairs and I am soon forced to file bankruptcy to have this nightmare end!! *** BEWARE

An easy transition to an SUV!
By winkfamily on 09/29/09 06:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my Mazda. I traded my 01 Honda Civic for my 07 Mazda-- going to the family car. I wanted something with room but, would still drive like a car.Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and feel like I got my money's worth. High safety ratings, looks great, inside is well designed and roomy, you will get lots of compliments! :)

Best Looking/Great Drive
By ZoomZoom on 09/08/09 18:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just crossed 36000 miles on my CX-7 FWD GT. I got it with the tech package, so it is loaded. Have had all the recommended services done. As I write this, the gas cap problem occurred way back in June 2007. Otherwise, the car has been exceptionally fun to drive. Get about 21 mpg (what I expected) and drive 60/40 highway/city. No a/c to rear, which is a bummer for the kids. That would be my biggest gripe. Also, the tires lasted to 30k, and i'm on my 2nd set. Otherwise, this has been a great car for me and my family. The fun-to- drive factor is off the charts. I live driving down two-lane country roads with inclines and curves. The car just responds so incredibly well. Go for it!

My worst nightmare EVER!!!!!!
By JessicaP on 09/03/09 22:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

When I first saw a CX-7 on the road, I wanted one immediately. A couple months later I then owned one.. and for the first 2 years and 5 months later, and 52,000 miles into owning this vehicle the A/C compressor went out. The worst part is that because the check engine light and/or the temp on the vehicle never told me that there was a problem. So to my surprise when I finally got off the freeway, after driving home about 250 miles... my car was literally a ball of smoke. The AC compressor went out and then affected the idler pully, some other type of pully, the harmonic balancer, and ultimately affected the engine...no compression left. They wanted $12,900 to fix it...

Stay Away from this SUV
By nurseangel on 08/22/09 07:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Wow, I am not really shocked at all the complaints but i am glad to see that i am not the only one in distress, I bought this junk brand new in 2007 and now it sits in my back yard not running at all. My timing chain broke at 56,00 miles, YES, and when it broke so did my engine. I always had thoughts that this car was junk because I would hear a rattle from time to time after acceleration and then a puff of smoke and check engine light stayed on, ac is horrible for back passengers, horrible, There needs to be a recall on this SUV nothing but junk and know I have a to pay for a car that's need 10,000 worth of work, I had this car serviced every 6000 miles now look, JUNK JUNK JUNK stay away

Worst car ever
By killer on 08/09/09 14:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

3 years of problems, everything from AC compressor to turbo, Some things died at least twice (turbo). All kinds of noises, hesitation and pieces breaking left and right. Check engine light at least 2 times a month. Forget winter... You will get stuck in nominal snow. Tires went bald right away. Sun visors, trims, and other items broken lost or came off while driving. Terrible knocking noise from the fuel injectors while idle. Oil change is 2 hour nightmare. Gets under 15 MPH on HIGHWAY!!!! With premium gas. Check other forums, a lot of problems reported. Mazda dealers are not that friendly. Car came back from service with more problems than going in. Never buy mazda again.

would not buy agin
By c reese on 06/25/09 10:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

my car is a 2007 cx7 the air compressor went out which also caused2 pullers to have to be replaced. no one has a compressor and i can not drive the car. i find this very strange because the car will not run. so i am stuck with a car note, plus an additional cost of transportation and a repair bill. there ii a problem with these cars and there is no recall on them.

First Major Problem Occurs
By Traveling Consultant on 06/18/09 07:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is 4th review. I still like my CX-7 despite, the fuel sensor light defect still arises when I punch it getting into the flow of traffic from entrance ramps. At 87,000 miles I had the a/c compressor unit go out while traveling and was forced to find a dealership out of state. Because my local dealer monitored the repair process, I was able to avoid being over-charged $700.00 for new unit. The suspect dealership made right the overcharges when I presented them retail charge pricing from the manufacturer. I do enjoy the sports car like driving demeanor, but think the ac system should have lasted much longer. I now have 91,000 miles and have put purchased my third set of tires.

Its an ok SUV
By Lissette on 06/14/09 20:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Mazda CX7 in 2007 and I regret it. Less than 1 year my Air compressor Blew. Then the AC after the year in January of 2009 It doesn't work now that the warranty is up, I have to pay. I took it to Mazda 1 wk after the Manufacturer Warranty was up, they said they couldn't help me. Oh by the way do not get the tire protection, its a waste of money they say that all mazda dearlers accept the assignment, NOT. I had to pay out of pocket. Couldn't do anything about it because dealership closed.

Best Car Ever
By critter on 06/14/09 13:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is great. I am 6ft 3in and am mor that comfertable in this car. My wife who is 5ft 4in loves it as well. It is easy to load the kids up in it and go anywhere. I live in the North West and we have had record snow fall the last 2 years and have had not 1 problem with it. Every where we take it people ask what kind of car it is and are amazed at the space. In the snow this car is the best we where able to take it up snowbording several times and it held all of our gear and 5 adults for the 2 hr drive and never got stuck. I am very protective of my wife and kids and would never let them get in an unsafe car after reading consumer reports and other magazines I had to but this car

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.