Used 2007 Mazda CX-7 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda Cx-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Very Disappointed
By abnmedic

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

In 2007 i purchased the cx7. It already had 200 miles on it when i took it off the lot. It was fully loaded. I found that programing the nav system was very complicated, so i ended up buying a garmin. Would you believe it costs $200.00 to buy a new navi disk every year? After 36,000 miles the a/c compressor went out. That cost me $600.00 to replace. Then the fuel valve out and that was going to cost me another $600.00. Hey, my payments were over $600.00 as it was. I just don't have that kind of money to keep putting it in for repairs. So i traded it in for a 2010 Jeep Compass with a life time warranty. I am so sorry i wasted my money for three years.

Favorite Features

Speakers were nice. 5 disk cd player was good.

CX-7- a really nice garage ornament !
By fliar

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

You will LOVE this car- right up until it becomes a garage ornament! This car has GREAT styling and performance UNTIL you start having known issues with it- 1. the A/C compressors are known to fail/smoke/catch fire 2. the timing chains are known to break in even LOW MILEAGE cars and trash the engine 3. poor turbo cooling design leads to sludge buildup and failure. Numerous owner reports in Mazda forums of MAZDA NOT honoring the 5 year/ 60,000 mile Powertrain Warranty to repair the trashed motors citing "poor owner maintenance" even when owners present valid oil change receipts, etc. Overall, the nicest car you are ever going to HATE! Avoid this engineering nightmare!

Favorite Features

Luxury interior, nice ergonomics, good performance, fun to drive! FIRST day I owned it and LAST day I owned it!

Suggested Improvements

REQUIRES PREMIUM fuel, poor engineering in ac compressor, turbo and engine timing chain, poor warranty response by Mazda cited in many user reports. Contact BBB Auto Line for Warranty complaints against Mazda if they refuse to repair your vehicle's engine while still in warranty.

Loving My CX7 (NOT)
By Loving my CX-7 (Not)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Well it's me again and it looks as though the same problems everyone has endured with their Mazda, I am encountering also. In July I purchased my CX7 with 33,000 mi I was oh so pleased! In October my AC Compressor went out, Thank God I purchased the extended warranty. The whole compressor had to be replaced. I am so desperately trying to trade this car in, cause it looks like a host of problems is in my future. I have been told that it is only worth 10-14,000 when I paid 19,000, Wow! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves producing such a problem! I will have to take a HUGE lost, but whatever it takes to get out of this one, I will do!

Favorite Features

The Pros were outweighed by the Cons in this case. I loved this car when first purchased, but I just can't enjoy something I'm paying hundreds of dollars a month for and its not functioning properly. I just hate car problems. Never again Mazda, I'm going back to HONDA!

Suggested Improvements

Build a more reliable car, where the parts don't go out for at least the life of the car payments! I thought I was in a wonderful vehicle & I'd have lots of fun with it, but I could have kept my 05 Honda Accord(that I gave to my son. Had it for 5 yrs & not one problem EVER!)

Surprised at how much I like it
By illy

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this vehicle used, with 38,000 miles on it. I just needed a car to get me through 6-8 months after my husband PCSd with out Jetta and until i could join him. I have to say that I haven't had any of the problems with the vehicle that people have mentioned. So far I am really impressed with this little SUV. It has all the space I need and with a baby due in Jan, it will accommodate all the extra's and the 72 lb dog without any problems.

Favorite Features

Leather seating. The pick-up and go, considering the 4 cylinder. The stability on the road.

Suggested Improvements

No Aux for an iPod, if I wanted it. No Bluetooth for hands free talking.

Never again-Mazda worst company ever
By annoyed

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought the CX7 used at 36k miles, had a car fax run with no previous damage. Now it has 54k miles and is sitting in the driveway because the engine AND turbo are shot. Although I have every maintenance record possible, warranty wont cover it because they claim it was not maintained but I have EVERY record! Car is only worth maybe $12k now and the damage is $9K. It has been inoperable for over 6 months and will stay that way as I have had to hire an attorney. Mazda North American you have made a terrible car. Stop screwing over consumers and deal with this recurring issue. Do not buy this car. I'm warning each and every person reading this.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the fact that I never have to drive this thing ever again.

Suggested Improvements

Everything. Actually. Mazda should just do away with the car altogether. Read the rest of the consumer reports-awful car. Awful experience. Never again!