Used 2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews - 313 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

What's with all the complaints?
By lmf10910

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my 2007 with 19k miles on it and have to have my thudding brakes replaced after 3k miles of driving. Mazda covered it. AND THAT'S ALL I'VE HAD TO! I honestly don't understand why so many people have had so many problems. Maybe I got lucky, but I am a previous Volvo owner and would love to hate a Mazda, but can't... it's fast, has a smooth drive, truly great on gas for a smaller crossover (much better that my friend's CR-V), and never gives me any issues. I wish I had problems with it to maybe go back to luxury, but the truth is, it's a great car, especially for the money. Yeah the floor mats are cheap, but it's not a Lexus...

The interior styling, turbo engine, cd changer, and gas mileage.

Better floor mats and rear visibility.

Some good advise to current owners
By wlu

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Here is my advise to those who still own a 2007 CX7.

1. Pay the $600 (or so) and have a mechanic open engine to clean any sludge that may have accumulated over the years. Make sure they check over the timing chain and VVT actuator.

2. Don't follow Mazda's service plan, perform oil changes every 3000 miles. My Mazda dealer switched to 5w-20 (instead of 5w-30) because it is more durable with the turbo. You might want to do the same.

I loved the performance of the car the short 2 years I had it. Build quality is ridiculously cheap! Parts are crazy expensive!

I traded our CX7 in yesterday for our first Ford (always owned Mazda until now). I wish you all good luck with this car.

The looks! This car is beautiful. I got compliments all the time! The speed the turbo provides. This car can move! The handling is awesome. Felt more like a sports car than a CUV.

Why would Mazda create a car that requires premium gas!?!? Suspension and seats were far from comfortable. Long drives really did a number on our backs and butts. Road noise at high speeds (60 mph) is very loud! Interior was very cheap looking and plasticky (I believe they changed it in the 2010 model). Build quality was lacking. Tires went at 30,000 miles ($700). Rear bearing went at 39,000 miles ($370). A/C compressor went at 44,000 miles (covered by Mazda- they extended the warranty on this part to 60,000 miles- should have been a recall).

Love to drive it but it's junk
By binkey

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had the transmission replaxed after 30,000 miles and the keyless entry replaced & thank the lord it was under warranty as well as the transmission.
At 25,000 miles I needed new tires even though I rotated them as needed as well as all maintenance thru the dealer.
I have always owned GM products & got atleast 40,000 on my tires so what is the deal with that?
$800 a bit early.
The last straw was a headlight that went out and it was a board that was $850.
My milage at this time was 36,500.
Too bad for a car I love to drive but will never buy another one & am looking to trade for a GM model.
That will be the last foreign car I buy!!

Love the turbo, when you pass a car you can really move.

Better warranties and a car that is this expensive. Buick Lacross has 4 yr 50,000--Mazda take a look and lean from some American cars. So sad to love to drive a car that the parts seem to go bad every month!

MAZDA CX-7!! DONT BUY
By heyykipani

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Well I bought my mazda cx-7 in May 2010 used, after my cooper broke. About 4 months since i bought it I started to hear a rattle sound when starting it, went to 3 machinics, they said they didnt hear it, and nothing was wrong. I knew somthing was, but what could i do. It broke down 150 miles away from our home, had it towed for $500, to cheyenne WY MAY 20th 2011. Time chain broke, timing censor broke the chain. That caused the pistons to hit the head, the rattle sound caused half the problems, they said. I have to pay $3,000 (military discount) to fix it, its been 2 almost 3 months & i still dont have my damn car. Everytime they call theres mre problems wrong, more money, more time

The inside of the car is nice, Engine is a lemon, worse than anyother car out there. Stay away form this car it will empty your wallets, and bank account!!

RECALL This car, sue Mazda dealership! for making a faulty car and not wanting to recall or repair, since all the problems happen around 60,000miles, and warranty is up. Thats horriable. If enough people complain or sue, the owners of he mazda cx-7 can win, or mazda can pay for what they made faulty

Not too many issues...
By rmcclimond

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my car in 2007, with 6 mile on the odometer.
Had only a couple of issues until now.
My husband was driving the car, had to break hard,
then as accelerating, between 3rd and 4th, heard a loud boom, pulled over to check.
Didn't see anything, now the vehicle won't engage when put into reverse.
Guess we'll hit the mechanic on Monday.