2007 Mazda CX-7 Consumer Reviews 6

2007 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Very Disappointing!
By ugh on 04/02/10 06:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Leased this vehicle in 2007, when first hit the market...Loved the appearance and style......but quickly became an unreliable vehicle....our first "vacation" behind the wheel was spent at a Mazda dealership along the way to the beach replacing the engine....YES! REPLACING THE ENGINE!....We had the car less than 6 months when this happened...Since then, it had the Turbo system replaced.....Still has grey smoke occasionally from exhaust, which I have learned to live with....tired of spending my free time with Mazda Service Dept. It most likely needs the Turbo replaced AGAIN to correct the problem (same thing as before)....will be ready to give this baby back to Mazda at the end of my lease!

I will think twice!
By Elizabeth on 02/22/10 07:18 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I will think twice before I buy this car again. Tires were junk!! Lasted less than 23000 miles..what a rip off! After replacing with awesome Bridgestones...ride and traction is sooo much better. Within a few months a driving has to have the front end worked on...leaking front differential needed to be replaced as well as the drive shaft. I feel like I was the one who got the shaft! I am just waiting for something else to fall apart!

Good Ridence!!
By Someone's Mom on 02/21/10 16:23 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My lease is up next months, good ridence. Can't wait to get rid of this car. It's fun to drive but the interior quality is horrible. Cheap carpet and floor mats. Cheap interior overall. Cute car but bye-bye!!

Curious
By Oscar on 02/10/10 21:11 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just bought a used CX-7 and so far I like it. I used to drive a Mazda 3 but i broke the tranny twice in 2 years. I'm hoping this one is much better. I see the reviews and now Im a bit worried. I'm curious though to see how its going to perform in the future. The car looks great and the engine strong. That TURBO is nice but wish the lag on it wasn't so long. 0-60mph in 7 sec. cant be beat for a crossover. Also the heated Leather seats are life saver out here in the cold.

Mazda's CX-7: The coolest CUV
By ljmattox on 02/07/10 15:01 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We've just finished our lease of a 2007 CX-7, and had a very positive experience overall. Ours was an early-build '07, so we had quite a few TSB service visits at first: reprogram the TCM for highway surging, reprogram the ECM for slow speed throttle response (as delivered, a little "gas" did little, then a little more lit a rocket), install new, better protecting door seals, and finally a new A/C control head unit to prevent condenser freeze-up in very hot weather. Since then? Nada. It's been bulletproof, fun to drive, and still so "cool" to look at; *great* styling for this class. Fitting real snow tires in the winter made it unstoppable, and we had it cross-country many times.

Fun to drive at times but many negatives
By Mike on 01/19/10 11:20 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Sure, it's kind of quick for an SUV. And the seats are comfortable. It also rides nice during cruising speeds. But, the turbo lag takes away from the fun. There have been many times where it took 1-2 seconds for it to take off. Very annoying. Especially when pulling into traffic. The back seat is not practical at all for a family. It's very small. Not much leg room. The tires wear like crazy due to front wheel drive w/turbo and the high performance soft tires. They are expensive to replace. The car is also a gas guzzler for a 4 cylinder. We owned this car for almost 3 years. We regretted this purchase. I give it a D+.

Crappy Vehicle...don't buy one
By Greig on 12/17/09 18:18 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This has been the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I tell everyone to stay away from it. Poor Quality Interior, lots of mechanical problems, terrible gas mileage. The dealership I have been using has no competent technicians - parts have fallen off after servicing. Will be going Honda or Toyota next time.

My CX-7 experience after 2 years
By somewhathappyCXowner on 12/14/09 00:57 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love the way the CX-7 drives, when I got the junky stock tires off and upsized to 255/55/18 the ride not only got quieter but less crashy. Handling grip increased big time as well.. Next, the A/C compressor is a wide-spread issue and I've come in contact with it as well. It effects all 2007 models and some 2008's. When it happened to me I immediately had to stop driving the car, driving it any further will cause damage to it. Otherwise, my CX-7 has been mostly problem free for 52,000 miles. Nothing wrong with the turbo or the engine. Usually complaints online are far more concentrated than the actual problem itself and that's what I've discovered personally..

Bad Reliability
By JROD on 12/02/09 07:59 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the first model year for this vehicle and it came with some issues. When i had 14,000 miles, the engine seal was leaking and they had to do some major repairs to the engine, luckily this was under warranty. At 42,000 the air compressor failed and broke the serpentine belt and major issues to the AC system, unfortunately i was out of warranty and i was responsible for all costs. Ended up trading in the vehicle due to so many issues.

Cx7 gas pig
By shawn on 11/22/09 21:07 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We brought this car in March of 2009 and it had 15,800 miles and it was great at first we drove it to TN and back to Va the whole trip we put regular gas in the car not knowing it took premium gas. After putting 1500 miles on the car the check engine light came on. So we took the car into the dealership to have it looked at and they said the fuel sensor had went bad so they fixed it under the warranty. After that we didn't have to many issues with the car other than the gas mileage stinks and premium gas burns a hole in your pocket. So just a week ago we went and traded it in for a brand new 2010 Mazda 6 i touring plus which is great and takes regular gas which is great love the new 6 alot more