Used 2007 Mazda CX-7 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Advise please?
By elvis8it

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned my Mazda CX7 for three years, with very little problems. However, I am concerned about possible turbo issues down the road. Would love to hear about other owners of 2007 CX7's with over 60K? I have about 50K on mine. I currently love the car. I had one issue in which the warranty covered with no questions (I did have to show my maintenance records). This was for the the VVT / Time chain issue. Mazda took care of it, no problems, even provided me a loaner car!

Never buying a Mazda again.
By kmdw

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife bought her CX-7 used with around 40,000 miles. Timing chain broke at 60,100 miles. No check engine light until car actually stopped running (in passing lane on busy interstate). Mazda is replacing the engine right now, no questions asked, despite her not being able to find all her oil change receipts. I suppose we have to thank everyone else before us who had this problem and complained, otherwise we'd be in the same boat. This thing apparently develops other problems that we don't want to to have to deal with, so as soon as it's fixed, we're trading it in!!!

Doom, Doom, Doom! Please Do not buy a Mazda!
By mazdausasux

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am one of the many 2007 Mazda cx-7 owners who has serviced my vehicle according to the manual. The turbo, drive chain, and A/C failed...Mazda USA claims that sludge caused the failure. Mazda will not honor their warranty. I have every receipt for service. The dealer is supporting my claim that I have maintained the vehicle but Mazda USA will not stand behind their product. Mazda USA even went as far as to insinuate that I may have paid for oil changes that were never performed. Would one of America's largest retailer do this??? I think Mazda has a long history of oil related issues and will do and say anything to avoid doing what's right. DO NOT BUY A MAZDA!

Great Looking Car, but company does not stand behind it and build quality is poor
By paul7410

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Plain and simple, if you are thinking of buying one - don't. Build quality is suspect. Company doesn't honor warranties. Company won't recall even when 1000s of customers have same issue, etc.

Good looking car, nice interior.

This company needs to stand behind it's products and not try to use legalize to destroy it's customer base.

grab bag
By wbsully1

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Fun to drive, LOVE the turbo. Serious problems though. Problems with A/C Compressor that was covered by warranty, problems with timing chain that wasn't. The chain and related damage added up to over $1,600 Harsh ride. Nice stereo though. Have had a continual "groan/creak" in the rear end since I bought it. Four different places have reviewed, none have found the cause. Dealer that does service has been very good though, prompt, and work well with me. (Crain Mazda in Little Rock). Doubtful I'll buy another though.

Exterior Styling. Turbo. Nav System.

Mechanical details. A/C and chain should not have gone out. Improve MPG,only getting about 22 on HWY.