2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Buyer Beware
By Buyer Beware on 05/30/10 19:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This crossover is fun to drive, that's it. Mechanical problems. It requires premium fuel and the gas mileage is about 16-17 city miles. Only gets about 275-300 miles per 18 gallon tank.

Hard driver, long commuter
By long commuter on 05/24/10 10:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My 3rd new Mazda but all the local dealerships closed. Love the cx7 and I was worried about the reliability of the turbo but it holds up well. No problems out of mine other than front tire wear due to bad alignment. People complaining about turbo lag should learn to use the manual shift mode when you are starting or passing- keeping the engine in the rpm range of the turbo eliminates the lag, and few cars can keep up with this thing when it is in its turbo range (around 3500-4500 rpm). If you keep your foot out of the turbo you can get 22-24 mpg after the engine is broken in, I average about 20 due to my faster driving style and quick starts.

I will think twice before I buy this car
By danyex on 05/16/10 09:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I will think twice before I buy this car, This is the worst investment I ever made to buy this car. Since when I purchase this car I was not happy and in same way NOT SAFE with this car, I'm not sure I will get whatever I want to go. After 1 mo my Warranty was expire the transmission went bad. Sorry but I will fix this car and I will be done. No more junk.

Poor Gas Mileage
By Fun2Drive on 05/14/10 19:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is fun to drive. It lives up to its Zoom Zoom motto but that's it. It requires premium which in this economy not good. Tire life was about 25k miles had to replace relatively early and the tires were expensive $150 per tire.

Mazda owner
By sylvia on 05/13/10 16:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My Mazda at first take off, feels like I'm riding over rocks in the road. I've always liked the body of the Mazda cx-7, but the interior isn't as roomy as I'd like and I also wanted the interior to be cloth, but not the kind that if drop something on it it would be difficult to clean. The gas mileage I was hoping it would be better than 19 in town. The handling of the car around curve is very stiff and feels very dangerous to me and driving in the rain is very dangerous to me as well, it doesn't handle on the road very well in the rain.

Love this SUV
By fochizel on 05/07/10 23:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great fun to drive, handles very well. I feel like I have a luxury SUV but only paid the price of an entry level SUV vehicle. I highly recommend this car! Mazda really did a bang up job with this vehicle.

I LOVE this vehicle!
By libu1968 on 04/25/10 11:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This vehicle is almost as fun to drive as my Audi A4, but since it's an SUV, it is way more practical for everyday life. The turbo charged engine gives me plenty of passing power. The interior is beautiful and all the controls are in easily accessible places. Plenty of storage capacity, and the one-touch fold down rear seats are a real time saver. I HIGHLY recommend this vehicle to anybody who needs the functionality of an SUV, but doesn't want to have to give up the speed and handling of a sports sedan. Also, it has really held its value; I was upside-down when I purchased it, but after only 2-1/2 years I would be able to make a small profit if I sold it to a private party. WOW! :)

Tires / Fuel Economy / Reliability
By 01bosox on 04/11/10 17:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The tires cost $180 per tire and last 20k. this might be OK for a Porsche but this is a Mazda. I also get maybe 17 miles to the gallon. The car requires premium gas and lastly, the AC compressor has lots of problems and is dangerous when it breaks. Would not recommend this car. Reminds me of my Dodge Intrepid days

Very Disappointing!
By ugh on 04/02/10 06:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Leased this vehicle in 2007, when first hit the market...Loved the appearance and style......but quickly became an unreliable vehicle....our first "vacation" behind the wheel was spent at a Mazda dealership along the way to the beach replacing the engine....YES! REPLACING THE ENGINE!....We had the car less than 6 months when this happened...Since then, it had the Turbo system replaced.....Still has grey smoke occasionally from exhaust, which I have learned to live with....tired of spending my free time with Mazda Service Dept. It most likely needs the Turbo replaced AGAIN to correct the problem (same thing as before)....will be ready to give this baby back to Mazda at the end of my lease!

I will think twice!
By Elizabeth on 02/22/10 07:18 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I will think twice before I buy this car again. Tires were junk!! Lasted less than 23000 miles..what a rip off! After replacing with awesome Bridgestones...ride and traction is sooo much better. Within a few months a driving has to have the front end worked on...leaking front differential needed to be replaced as well as the drive shaft. I feel like I was the one who got the shaft! I am just waiting for something else to fall apart!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.