Used 2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

LOVE IT!
By Sweet Drama

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Until I test drove the CX-7, I had no idea this car existed. After that, there was no turning back! I absolutely love this car! I'm a person who on the average buys a car every 2-3 years, this is by far my favorite! I just can't say enough about it and/or Mazda! If it wasn't for my Dad loving his Miata so much, I would have never walked into the Mazda dealer! This crossover does not feel like a 4 cyl, not with the turbo. The drive is amazing, the braking is smooth and the handling is fabulous! Overall it's a lot of fun to drive and the perfect car.

Favorite Features

Interior looks, the Bose sound system w/6 cd, leather heated seats, interior lighting, Xenon headlights (very cool), factory Installed satellite radio, exterior looks like I paid a lot more for the car (very sleek). All my friends and family LOVE this car!

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth!! This is huge, especially for safety. Everyone talks on their phone while driving - it should be a standard feature!

Stylish & Stability
By Manbir

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my zoom zoom CX-7. Strong, sturdy, hold to the ground like a magnet during heavy downpour (yet to test on snow). Much more stable than other SUVs that I have driven in other segments. It's even fun to drive with all 5 passengers. Great looks with great interiors.

Favorite Features

Interior lighting, brake lights, leather heated front seats, spacious, Bose 6-cd changer, braking is perfect, highly stable.

Suggested Improvements

Pick-up although doesnt matter to me as i am a safe driver... racing is not my game.. but there is a slight gap when you hit the pedal and the pick-up.

LoveLove Love my CX-7
By Kimberly

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Being a sports car kinda girl coming from driving a van, I really wanted a car that could give me both. I had to have cargo room. So I went looking for something to give me both. I thought I had settled on the Murano until I saw the CX-7 then drove it. I love this car! I love the way it looks and I love the way it drives. It really gives the feeling of a sports car.Two of my friends have since purchased their own after driving mine!! Who could blame them!

Favorite Features

The front view looks so sporty I love the width and shape. It looks like a panther (I have the black clearcoat). I love the way it drives. The turbo is just what I like. I don't care to spend more on gas to have that. Great cargo. Also I love the 18 inch wheels. Overall this car is smokin!

Suggested Improvements

If this car could be improved on I wouldn't mind wider seats in front and reclining seats in back. Tint the front windows a little deeper. Offer chrome wheels.

2007 Mazda CX-7
By zangcl

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is an excellent middle between conventional sedans and SUVs. I have packed it out more than once and barely noticed the drag. Visibility is surprisingly good. First impressions will always impress, the ladies will love it.

Favorite Features

Adjustable headlights. Rear-view camera.

Suggested Improvements

Better DVD capacity. Fuel economy needs a boost. Also cup holders in front could use a retractable cover.

Love it!
By Jeff

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my CX-7 for about 10 months now, and I have loved every minute. What a fun car to drive. The turbo has so much kick that it took a little time to get used to.

Favorite Features

Bose stereo is fantastic. Bought the iPod integration is nice, but a bit difficult to manage what you want to listen to. The interior lighting is amazing. Great handling and just a blast to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG (only about 20 on average). Rear doors don't stay open unless they are pushed completely open (can "smack" you if not careful).