2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
By callmerayz on 07/17/06 07:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Thus far I am very happy. Especially with the value for to price. A lot for little. Don't like turbo lag. Maybe the 6th gear was not needed? I am having some problems with the automatic jerking while it decides if it should change gears. I hope the dealer will adjust this.

Zoom Zoom SUV
By Dave R. on 07/11/06 18:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was looking for a fun-to-drive AWD car/suv under $30K, and frustrated with poor reliability from VW/Audi. This fit the bill to a Tee. It looks great and gets comments and compliments from friends and strangers. It has terrific acceleration (especially passing), and handles curves like a sports car. Braking is superb. The Bose sound system rocks, and interior space is comfortable and functional. I drove the RAV4 and Murano and the driving experience was vastly better in the CX-7 (distinctly un-truck-like compared to the competition). Lastly, compared to equivalently equipped BMW M3, Volvo, Murano, Audi A7, even Subaru B9 Tribeca it was $5-10K less expensive.

Really Like It
By BobD on 07/09/06 20:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have only had it a couple of weeks, but we really enjoy driving it. Our only issue is the fuel economy (and need for premium) but we knew about it before we bought it and are willing to trade the mileage for the fun. CX-7 is very responsive in most driving situations even in full auto mode. We do worry about risk of tickets while enjoying the CX-7 (even though we're over 60).

Awesome CX-7 AWD Turbo Charged 4-Cylinder
By DBrace on 07/07/06 09:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased this vehicle for my wife and it has exceeded our expectations from the get go. Everything about this vehicle is fantastic. We purchased the 2007 Grand Touring AWD. Color: Copper Red Mica. The only item that my wife didn't want was the Navigation System. I own a business and I am thinking about purchasing another one for myself (except with the navigation system). The Navigation System has a camera mounted at the rear and when you put the vehicle in "Reverse" the camera comes on and shows up on the Navigation Screen (very nice idea, especially if you have small children). I would suggest that you go out to your local dealer and test drive one, you will be hooked right away!

WOW!
By vbbuilt on 07/06/06 10:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought the Copper Mica, with Tech Package and Sirius. I love how the Navigation, Sirius and audio features are tightly integrated. The sound package is phenomenal! Fit 'n finish superb. Handles exceptionally well and plenty of ZOOM. On the down side, the A/C is barely adequate and being a turbo, there's a slight hesitation when suddenly accelerating, but when the turbo kicks in, hang on for dear life!

GT AWD Tech Pack in SEFLA
By EM on 06/29/06 14:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I were looking for her Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer since we wanted to scale down in SIZE... our truck didn't fit our garage. I normally borrow her car to pull my Sailplane (glider) so we were looking for a fun, medium sized, sort of an SUV. We just got ours 2 weeks ago. I have not seen another were we live. So far we love it, well engineered, quick and lots of fun.

Lexus look with Mazda price!
By flynnski on 06/18/06 18:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great midsize SUV for the money. I trust Mazda's engineering as I've owned Mazdas in the past and the car drives extremely well. The car handles quite nicely and despite it being a 4 cylinder, the turbo more than makes up for it not being a v6. It is comfortable for all riders and the back area, while not huge, is ample for groceries, luggage and all the other thing you typically haul.

Awesome!
By juice on 06/16/06 13:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great SUV for everyone who is bored with the boxy, boring SUVs from Honda and Toyota. It's quick, has better handling than my Accord, and it turns heads everywhere I go. When I fill it up with gas, I have people staring and asking me what it is. All the style and refinement of a car that costs thousands more.

Love my CX-7!
By fdixon7182 on 06/16/06 09:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Aesthetically this car is absolutely beautiful. This is what the Porsche Cayenne should look like. Acceleration is fantastic. Initial mileage 20.2 mpg (and that is not all highway!). Base stereo sound is just so so, compared to the standard of excellence we have become used to. It is a phenomenal car for the money. No, the base model doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a Lexus, etc., but it still feels luxurious!

Good Compromise Between the Wife and I
By KeithB on 06/15/06 16:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We had been looking for a new vehicle in the $30,000 price range. We test drove everything from Hondas to Volvos trying to find a vehicle we could agree on. Finally the local dealer got in a CX-7. The functionality of the vehicle sold my wife, and the surge from the turbo sold me. We've had it for a week now and so far I'm happy with it. My biggest complaint is that the ride is a little stiff. It takes corners like a champ, but I can see how it can get tiring after a 4+ hour trip.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.