2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews 3

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Love to drive it but it's junk
By binkey on 07/28/11 07:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had the transmission replaxed after 30,000 miles and the keyless entry replaced & thank the lord it was under warranty as well as the transmission. At 25,000 miles I needed new tires even though I rotated them as needed as well as all maintenance thru the dealer. I have always owned GM products & got atleast 40,000 on my tires so what is the deal with that? $800 a bit early. The last straw was a headlight that went out and it was a board that was $850. My milage at this time was 36,500. Too bad for a car I love to drive but will never buy another one & am looking to trade for a GM model. That will be the last foreign car I buy!!

MAZDA CX-7!! DONT BUY
By heyykipani on 07/12/11 13:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Well I bought my mazda cx-7 in May 2010 used, after my cooper broke. About 4 months since i bought it I started to hear a rattle sound when starting it, went to 3 machinics, they said they didnt hear it, and nothing was wrong. I knew somthing was, but what could i do. It broke down 150 miles away from our home, had it towed for $500, to cheyenne WY MAY 20th 2011. Time chain broke, timing censor broke the chain. That caused the pistons to hit the head, the rattle sound caused half the problems, they said. I have to pay $3,000 (military discount) to fix it, its been 2 almost 3 months & i still dont have my damn car. Everytime they call theres mre problems wrong, more money, more time

Not too many issues...
By rmcclimond on 06/11/11 10:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my car in 2007, with 6 mile on the odometer. Had only a couple of issues until now. My husband was driving the car, had to break hard, then as accelerating, between 3rd and 4th, heard a loud boom, pulled over to check. Didn't see anything, now the vehicle won't engage when put into reverse. Guess we'll hit the mechanic on Monday.

Never Buy A Mazda CX-7
By simbaman on 04/23/11 08:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

CX7 is a disaster. 1. My CX7's rotors had to be replaced in 12 months despite light footed driving. 2. 18 months into ownership and the engine light came on. The fuel valve had be replaced, and that after numerous arguments with the dealership. 3. The rear window chrome mouldings slid forward preventing opening of the front doors. The dealership replaced one side as a courtesy, but would not replace the other side. Then agreed to trim the other side. Very shoddy work! 4. 2 years in ownership the shift up/down to 3rd gear became jerky with a thud. The dealership refused to fix the issue despite regular servicing. I didn't bother to have it fixed. The car was returned at end of lease.

Advise please?
By elvis8it on 03/30/11 18:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned my Mazda CX7 for three years, with very little problems. However, I am concerned about possible turbo issues down the road. Would love to hear about other owners of 2007 CX7's with over 60K? I have about 50K on mine. I currently love the car. I had one issue in which the warranty covered with no questions (I did have to show my maintenance records). This was for the the VVT / Time chain issue. Mazda took care of it, no problems, even provided me a loaner car!

Never buying a Mazda again.
By kmdw on 03/19/11 15:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife bought her CX-7 used with around 40,000 miles. Timing chain broke at 60,100 miles. No check engine light until car actually stopped running (in passing lane on busy interstate). Mazda is replacing the engine right now, no questions asked, despite her not being able to find all her oil change receipts. I suppose we have to thank everyone else before us who had this problem and complained, otherwise we'd be in the same boat. This thing apparently develops other problems that we don't want to to have to deal with, so as soon as it's fixed, we're trading it in!!!

Doom, Doom, Doom! Please Do not buy a Mazda!
By mazdausasux on 03/17/11 12:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am one of the many 2007 Mazda cx-7 owners who has serviced my vehicle according to the manual. The turbo, drive chain, and A/C failed...Mazda USA claims that sludge caused the failure. Mazda will not honor their warranty. I have every receipt for service. The dealer is supporting my claim that I have maintained the vehicle but Mazda USA will not stand behind their product. Mazda USA even went as far as to insinuate that I may have paid for oil changes that were never performed. Would one of America's largest retailer do this??? I think Mazda has a long history of oil related issues and will do and say anything to avoid doing what's right. DO NOT BUY A MAZDA!

Great Looking Car, but company does not stand behind it and build quality is poor
By paul7410 on 12/30/10 07:29 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Plain and simple, if you are thinking of buying one - don't. Build quality is suspect. Company doesn't honor warranties. Company won't recall even when 1000s of customers have same issue, etc.

grab bag
By wbsully1 on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Fun to drive, LOVE the turbo. Serious problems though. Problems with A/C Compressor that was covered by warranty, problems with timing chain that wasn't. The chain and related damage added up to over $1,600 Harsh ride. Nice stereo though. Have had a continual "groan/creak" in the rear end since I bought it. Four different places have reviewed, none have found the cause. Dealer that does service has been very good though, prompt, and work well with me. (Crain Mazda in Little Rock). Doubtful I'll buy another though.

Never Mazda never again
By never mazda never ag on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

AC went out twice. 30 days after AC failed turbo failed. Mazda will not honor warranties and will try to find anyway they can to back out. If you own one sell it or start saving your money for the inevitable and very costly repairs.