Used 2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews - 311 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Turbo failure x 2 and only @ 63,000 miles
By highland303030

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

1st turbo blown @ 43,000 miles driving down the road 30 miles an hr hear a load pop and whine and total loss of pwr. Seemed like i could only drive in 1st gear. Took to dealership and the following:
1. turbo charger replaced
6. Nut, Flange x 9
7. Sensor, air & Fuel
8. Pipe Fuel main
9. Valve, Selenoid

Confirmed Customer concern, performed compression test and evaluated engine 175, 175, 180, 180. Engine appears not to be internally damaged, found turbo Impeller Rattling and sending engine oil into exhaust system, found no oxygen sensor signal. Replaced turbo and oil lines, replaced oxygen sensor. replaced fuel lines

2 issues over the last 7 years
By just1mnbound

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my CX-7 new.
Only issues have been the check engine light (faulty gas cap from Mazda.
The cap wasn't creating a proper seal), and now at 74,563 miles later the turbo is leaking oil (reported issue with the CX-7).
Lucky for me I bought the extended warranty for up to 75,000.
It's in the shop right now and feel lucky!
But other than those two problems, I really like the car.
Nice design and value for the price.
I have the CX-7 Touring fully loaded.

Back up camera, built in GPS, no ashtray or cigarette lighter, and comfortable ride.

DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY THIS CAR
By amylouise2

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my 2007 Mazda CX-7 Turbo with AWD a year ago. A few months ago I needed to renew my inspection. I drove down to the dealership to get it inspected, and they told me the codes in the monitors are in readiness mode. My fiance and I took the car out to the highway and all in all, by the time we got back to the dealership, we had been driving for 3 hours. 3 major codes still haven't come in yet and I have been taking the car on major trips for the last three months. I have been making sure all of the oil changes and maintenance is done. Still not sure what the issue is. I've been on the phone with Mazda dealerships and I've taken it to a few different mechanics and nobody has an answer.

I love the space in the car, perfect for everything I need. The turbo is fun to drive with, but lags. The center console is amazing, overly roomy and even though I don't use it, the lock feature is nice to have. It comes equipped with a BOSE sound system that's decent.

Other than the side door pockets and the cup holders in the middle, there's not a whole lot of space to put things under the stereo system. The car also requires premium gas. I was driving an hour to work and back at one point and with the sky rocketing gas prices, that wasn't fun. From what I've been hearing, this car is built with a number of different issues. I wish I had done my research a little more thoroughly before buying this car. Since I'm unable to inspect it right now, I'm not going to get near what I should for the trade in. I was completely ripped off by the dealership...

cx-7 lemon
By ralphculver

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The CX-7 is a beautiful and enticing car, especially with all the zoom zoom hipe by Mazda. We have owned the car for over 5 years and have had a series of problems each year. Recently they sent a letter indicating the Air Conditioning compressor might freeze up and need to be replaced. They extended the coverage to 5 years. We had no issue of this failure but delt with tons of other issues. Today the car stopped and left me stranded. The compressor did freeze and the result also ripped out the serpintine belt. I am done with this car and dealing with Mazda, as they said too bad your out of warranty. They knew this was defective and put us in a dangerous position. Shame on MAZDA. DON'T BUY 1.

Their total lack of compasion and lies about the quality of the car and service.

Develope a Consumer Relations department and actually hire some talent.

Started out as my dream car.....
By lenalou22

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My CX7 is in the shop again, this time with a $2500 repair.
It has 45,000 miles on it and needs a second timing chain as well as a new turbo.
I also had the AC replaced this summer.
I was so in LOVE with this car when I got it, but after putting 20,000 miles on it and paying THOUSANDS of dollars in repairs, I could not be more disappointed.
Mazda knows all of the problems with these CX7- yet doesn't stand behind it when they happen over and over again to according to all these reviews, everyone.
Some people say they haven't had problems yet, they will come.
Just wait. Had I known Mazda was made by FORD I would have never bought it in the first place.

Sleek and stylish

Different Engine, like one that's not a piece of shit. Can't make 50,000 miles witout 4 major repairs, really? Rough ride