2007 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Do your homework - poor A/C
By Bill on 09/02/06 17:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is not a SUV as they claim, it is a car with more headroom. Make sure you check the A/C. Very weak - a 4 cylinder engine is too weak for this car.

Is it a sports car or suv?
By Jer on 08/17/06 23:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had a lot of fun in my CX-7. It is just the vehicle, I have been looking for for a long time. It drives like a dream. Very well designed inside and out.

ZOOM ZOOM
By Loretta Stockton on 08/16/06 06:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Got this vehicle one week ago and it is absolutely awesome. I love how it handles and the power of the engine. The body is definitely sleek and sexy and i have the black with tinted windows which makes it even more so.

Zoom Zoom Zoom Indeed!
By Debra Sullivan on 08/16/06 04:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned four SUV's to date and love the versatility but wanted something a little smaller and sportier. I looked at the Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4 and Nissan Murano but none of these compare to my beautiful copper mica CX-7. I get compliments from people all the time which has never happened before, with the exception of tooling around in my little 1991 Miata of course. This car handles like a sportscar, is very roomy and takes off like I can't believe! I actually have to be careful when accelerating because it has a LOT of power for a 4-cylinder engine. I put the back seats down with the push of a button and make room for the dogs. Sound system is AMAZING.

Can't stop looking at it!
By carlitos92 on 08/09/06 19:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Okay, I admit that styling was the #1 reason I bought my CX-7. There is simply nothing else like it on the road. It also has sufficient pep, but handling is really its strong suit, dynamically. It's like an RX-8 on stilts. I'm a bit worried that it's not the frugal runabout I thought it was when it comes to mileage, but then again, I'm only working on my third tank of gas. Overall, if it lives up to the typical Japanese build-quality expectations, I'll be ecstatic. If you have to do it all with one stylish car, this is it.

Sports Car meets SUV
By Kevin S on 08/09/06 12:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great vehicle all around. Unfortunately I'm only averaging around 20 mpg. The remote start doesn't work with the keyless feature (Mazda working on solution).

Zoom Zoom
By Lesley on 08/09/06 11:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my CX-7 this was the first car I really did my home work on. The technology package is a must have. The class is all on its own considering the investment. As people blow by me in their BMW's and Mercedes, I just smile and hug the wheel. I truly feel like Mazda has stepped up to the plate with the new CX-7. Enjoy Yours! Zoom Zoom!

Zoom Zoom is right!
By Steven T. on 07/24/06 08:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We traded in what was the best car we had ever owned (an 05 Mazda3 hatchback) to get our new CX-7 and what a good trade it was! The 3 is zippy & handles itself well and the CX-7 has the same solid feel, plenty of power and a good feel of the road. It doesn't corner like the 3 but it is smooth through the corners with more than enough power to pleasantly surprise you and the suspension makes for a nicer ride than the 3. It's very comfortable on long rides and the sound proofing has improved. I am very impressed with the power of the 2.3 turbo and am often surprised by the amount of 'takeoff' power there is through the first 3 gears of the 6 speed automatic. And it gets 23 mpg so far! WOW!

High performance, Great Value Mid-SUV
By Frank on 07/23/06 08:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was in the market for a larger AWD car to replace my wife's current BMW 528i. We test drove Honda, Toyota, Ford, BMW, Suzuki, Volvo and all were either poor performers or overpriced. The CX-7 combined the performance and value we were looking for in a car which is fun to drive. The Sport version comes with quite a few standard options though we added the driver electric seat and remote start. The car's only negative in my opinion is the turbo-lag which doesn't kick in until 2000 RPM. In terms of value, the CX-7 is $3k-$15k cheaper than its competition (Pilot, Murano, X3).

By callmerayz on 07/17/06 07:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Thus far I am very happy. Especially with the value for to price. A lot for little. Don't like turbo lag. Maybe the 6th gear was not needed? I am having some problems with the automatic jerking while it decides if it should change gears. I hope the dealer will adjust this.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.