Used 2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Enjoying My Ride!
By Ransom's CX-7

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had the privledge of selecting the type of car purchased by my employer. Crossovers were my choice of vehicle type, so the choice was between the Honda CR-V, Madza CX-7, or Nissan Murano price range. Test driving all three was fun, but I found that the Mazda had more sports car like characteristics than the others. I am a consultant, and often drive 400 mile trips in a given day, with meetings. The car is awesome for such trips. I arrive in comfort, refreshed, and ready to consult. Glad I picked the CX-7. Almost feel guilty sometimes, most people in my profession drive pickups. Enjoy my Zoom Zoom Zoom Mazda.

Favorite Features

Handling, seat comfort, exterior looks, gauges.

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage, without any loss in performance, xm radio option, better warranty

Nice Ride but Comp. System is off
By Express

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've purchased my Madza CX-7 three months ago and the transmission and tire warning lights came on three times already. You wouldn't think warning lights will come up this soon after a new car purchase. Yet again, I need to take it back to the dealership for a check-up. Something is wacky with the computer system.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the sound system. It has an overall top notch sound.

Suggested Improvements

They need to improve the sensitivity of all the warning light features. It seems like it goes on when there is absolutely nothing wrong with the car.

Lovin It!!!!
By Carmeshia

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I absolutely love my new CX-7. I have had it for 6 months and have no regrets about purchasing it. I previously had a RAV-4 and it pales in comparison. The CX-7 is sporty and stylish and I get compliments on it on a daily basis. When you need to get up and go in traffic, it is ready. The navigation is great, the Bose surround sound is great, and the overall interior is great. I love the color of the interior orange and blue lights at night. I think this is the first vehicle I will keep for a while.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is everything abour the interior. The way the navigation scrren looks and display not only the map but FM, CD, and Sirius satelite info.

Suggested Improvements

I would make the backup camera more true to scale. Items appear farther than they really are.

Wow
By bry

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great ride. Great handling. Great power. Low price.

Favorite Features

Turbo! Color and leather.

Suggested Improvements

I love it like it is!

SUV That's Fun to Drive
By DK

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my CX-7 in March and so far so good. It is my first SUV and the driving experience is fun. Body roll is car-like and breaking is excellent. I am averaging around 20 MPG. No issue with storage. The cargo cover is a nice feature especially this time of year. The stereo system is solid as well.

Favorite Features

Stereo and brakes

Suggested Improvements

91 octane requirement