2007 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Mazda is not helping!!
By ebricha on 02/13/12 09:46 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've purchased my 07' mazda new, the last few months I've notice a noise coming from my car, my car was sounding loud, had it looked at and more than one person said they didnt hear anything,I have only 59,000 miles on my car. but I knew something was wrong. now come to find out its the VVT after it was inspected by Mazda dealers they also said my bad VVT has caused the timing chain to stretch, and I shouldnt be driving my car. BUT get this they're not going to fix it!! Not until I produce ALL my oil change receipt. Thats almost five years. I dont get it if they know the parts bad, then they should fix it. Plus what about the timing belt? I dont know what to do!!

Why wont they fix my car???
By ebricha on 02/13/12 09:36 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

...and it just keeps getting better....NOT!!!
By subszero on 01/24/12 12:04 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

1. Turbo replacement at 65K miles....$3400 2. FIRST VVT replacement at 72K miles....$1600 3. SECOND VVT replacement at 90K miles....$1200 (got only the part...$450...as "goodwill"...yeah me!) 4. Transmission replacement at about 100K miles....$4000+ ....getting a letter from Mazda in the mail that "extends the warranty" on the VVT...thinking I may be able to recoup ~$3000, only to find that the extension was only to 70K miles.....PRICELESS!!!! Does anyone else find it odd that these warranties expire JUST before something MAJOR happens? Someone is getting "ZOOM ZOOM'd" alright!!

DESIGN FLAW WITH ENGINE
By nicho1 on 01/16/12 06:09 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

VVT, TURBO CHARGER, TIMING CHASITY AND AC have been replaced 2 times since 2008. do not waste your money or time on this vehicle regardless of how fun it is to drive

Worst Car I've yet to own!
By mtbrider1 on 11/01/11 07:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Hmmm.... let's see.... how many people have had happen the EXACT same thing as I have--Bad VVT causing timing chain stretch? Started to happen at 62k miles and thus Mazda is not standing behind the car. Luckily I caught it before it caused a snapped chain and ruined engine. Timing chains are supposed to last MUCH longer, and yet Mazda acts like it is a rare occurrence. I also struggled with the turbo lag. At first I fooled myself into thinking that it was normal for a turbo-until I owned a TDI Jetta--not even close. The unsettling lag and then surge in power at times was almost comical. The longer we owned it, the less an less we liked this car--sold it off for a new Subaru!

2007 CX-7 AWD Owner with 82K Miles !!!!!!
By tony2am on 10/27/11 00:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The car (black) looks really sharp when it is cleaned up! Here (remember 82K and I have not treated this car well "maintainance wise" AT ALL. If you own one, follow my reasoning below I will give you the low down. Bought my 2007 Sport with maybe 12K on it in Ohio and currently it has 82K.

What's with all the complaints?
By lmf10910 on 08/29/11 20:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my 2007 with 19k miles on it and have to have my thudding brakes replaced after 3k miles of driving. Mazda covered it. AND THAT'S ALL I'VE HAD TO! I honestly don't understand why so many people have had so many problems. Maybe I got lucky, but I am a previous Volvo owner and would love to hate a Mazda, but can't... it's fast, has a smooth drive, truly great on gas for a smaller crossover (much better that my friend's CR-V), and never gives me any issues. I wish I had problems with it to maybe go back to luxury, but the truth is, it's a great car, especially for the money. Yeah the floor mats are cheap, but it's not a Lexus...

Some good advise to current owners
By wlu on 07/29/11 00:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Here is my advise to those who still own a 2007 CX7. 1. Pay the $600 (or so) and have a mechanic open engine to clean any sludge that may have accumulated over the years. Make sure they check over the timing chain and VVT actuator. 2. Don't follow Mazda's service plan, perform oil changes every 3000 miles. My Mazda dealer switched to 5w-20 (instead of 5w-30) because it is more durable with the turbo. You might want to do the same. I loved the performance of the car the short 2 years I had it. Build quality is ridiculously cheap! Parts are crazy expensive! I traded our CX7 in yesterday for our first Ford (always owned Mazda until now). I wish you all good luck with this car.

Love to drive it but it's junk
By binkey on 07/28/11 07:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had the transmission replaxed after 30,000 miles and the keyless entry replaced & thank the lord it was under warranty as well as the transmission. At 25,000 miles I needed new tires even though I rotated them as needed as well as all maintenance thru the dealer. I have always owned GM products & got atleast 40,000 on my tires so what is the deal with that? $800 a bit early. The last straw was a headlight that went out and it was a board that was $850. My milage at this time was 36,500. Too bad for a car I love to drive but will never buy another one & am looking to trade for a GM model. That will be the last foreign car I buy!!

MAZDA CX-7!! DONT BUY
By heyykipani on 07/12/11 13:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Well I bought my mazda cx-7 in May 2010 used, after my cooper broke. About 4 months since i bought it I started to hear a rattle sound when starting it, went to 3 machinics, they said they didnt hear it, and nothing was wrong. I knew somthing was, but what could i do. It broke down 150 miles away from our home, had it towed for $500, to cheyenne WY MAY 20th 2011. Time chain broke, timing censor broke the chain. That caused the pistons to hit the head, the rattle sound caused half the problems, they said. I have to pay $3,000 (military discount) to fix it, its been 2 almost 3 months & i still dont have my damn car. Everytime they call theres mre problems wrong, more money, more time

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.