2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
CX7 Turbo compression
By tjr12 on 07/18/13 13:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

On my 2007 cx7, Mazda warranty replaced vvt & timing chain that was grinding during start-up. While replacing, the mech found the intake cam way out of phase & called Mazda Canada tech line for approval to correct. Mazda tech line asked for compression after vvt & timing chain replaced. Dealer Mech found #1 at 70/170; #2-40/100; #3-60/140; #4-30/80. Mazda Canada tech said this is ok and to send me home, happy that they replaced the timing chain. My Mazda Dealer told me they would recommend doing the required repairs but because I'm requesting warranty to cover it because it's a result of the timing chain. I called Mazda Canada & they told me to go back to my Service Manager to fix? Help!

Surprised at how much I like it
By illy on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this vehicle used, with 38,000 miles on it. I just needed a car to get me through 6-8 months after my husband PCSd with out Jetta and until i could join him. I have to say that I haven't had any of the problems with the vehicle that people have mentioned. So far I am really impressed with this little SUV. It has all the space I need and with a baby due in Jan, it will accommodate all the extra's and the 72 lb dog without any problems.

VERY Disappointing
By Very disapointed on 08/21/10 10:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Brand new, 1st 6 months the AC compressor was replaced. About 2 months later the Turbo censor went out thank God this was still under warranty. So I driving home on July 20 something and the just dies. No lights no warnings. Had the car towed to firestone they couldn't figure it out after a day and a half. Towed the car back to Mazda they said it was the motor. It had to be replaced do to improper oil changes which is B.S. I think this is a bad model I have read similar problems.

love the car but ive had problems!
By paula on 06/22/10 20:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my Mazda CX-7, but i've had a ton of problems with it. I've had to replace the Air Conditioner, Turbo, Power train belt and a few censors. I was told there is a problem with the turbo and pvc? system but they don't have a fix for the pvc system. Mazda's are known for bad turbos and A/C ... so think twice before you buy a Mazda. I love this car, but my next car will not be a Mazda!

would not buy agin
By c reese on 06/25/09 10:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

my car is a 2007 cx7 the air compressor went out which also caused2 pullers to have to be replaced. no one has a compressor and i can not drive the car. i find this very strange because the car will not run. so i am stuck with a car note, plus an additional cost of transportation and a repair bill. there ii a problem with these cars and there is no recall on them.

Awsome
By Liz on 09/30/08 11:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is great. I have had it over two years. If you want great gas mileage get a car not a suv (especially one with a turbo). I get about 23 mph hwy. Never had a problem. The tires are poor but it's just that brand. I have two young boys and interior has held up wonderfully.

First time Mazda owner
By Lily on 08/29/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is extremely responsive and accelerates beautifully. I do miss having the ambient temperature option that I had on my Oldsmobile.

Fun, Safe Crossover
By Afj69 on 08/21/07 11:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Very good looking for a good price, it has plenty of power even with a 4 cyl, turbo kicks in hard but you leard to adjust for that, very roomy car inside, I am a big man and I have no problem fitting inside.

Buy it
By love it on 08/21/07 10:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Of all the cars that I have driven over the years, this has been a great car. It's got good handling, performance and everything you look for in a good car, it's a lot of bang for the buck. However there are little thing that are missing such as MP3 compatibility, heated seats, etc., but its the little things. Still its a good car. Love it.

2007 Touring
By RSSTLS on 07/04/07 14:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Drives very well with a definite sporty feel. Like the turbo surge. Very comfortable. Gas mileage has been between 19 and 23 in the city which isn't bad.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.