Used 2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews - 311 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Great sporty SUV...
By Jason Haglund

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Gas and Repairs
By Lamar Thomas

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Break pads wear quickly, gas mileage very very poor and requires premium gas, turbo system unreliable with high repair cost. Backup camera view screen are poor. Rear seats uncomfortable.

CX -7 Don't Buy
By John

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

8 years old with only 70,000 miles. Turbo failure caused engine to fail. $8,000 of non covered repairs. Mazda knows about the turbo problem, but doesn't want to recognize the bad engine design. People complaining about the turbo problem are all over the internet. If you have the car and haven't had a problem yet, get rid of it. It's only a matter of time before the engine has an expensive failure.

Traded the Mazda in and got a Honda CR-V. Will never buy another Mazda.

Dead Engine
By J peterson

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Turbo malfunction, metal shards in engine total engine failure. Found out Jasper won't even rebuild them!

CX-7 Sport
By greeko

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my CX-7 in 2011. I am the 3rd owner and I have to say I am really please by the performance and overall quality Mazda put in this model. The turbo acceleration is one of the fastest I have been able to drive on a SUV and having that power ready under the hood provide a feeling of security on the roads (when you need to get out from a spot you have what it needs). I have drove 60K with it and do the maintenance regularly. Does not cost much at Petboys, and never had an issue. I read many post on reliability of this model and I do not understand like them what went wrong with their. I would put that on lack of knowledge of the mechanics who touched their cars.

Bose system is a must to have. The sound quality is absolutely amazing. The bass are perfectly rendered within the car, and it has been one of the best system I have been able to hear. It is near the Pathfinder Platinum 2014 model a coworker has.

My model does not have bluetooth, neither navigation system. This could be added easily but the way you drive is actually not altered by the lack of this option you know. If I had to deal with Bluetooth I will probably not be as focused on the road as I would be without, so all in all I do not miss this. Though it is available on other models (Touring) for those who cannot drive without.