Used 2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

CX-7 Sport
By greeko

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my CX-7 in 2011. I am the 3rd owner and I have to say I am really please by the performance and overall quality Mazda put in this model. The turbo acceleration is one of the fastest I have been able to drive on a SUV and having that power ready under the hood provide a feeling of security on the roads (when you need to get out from a spot you have what it needs). I have drove 60K with it and do the maintenance regularly. Does not cost much at Petboys, and never had an issue. I read many post on reliability of this model and I do not understand like them what went wrong with their. I would put that on lack of knowledge of the mechanics who touched their cars.

Favorite Features

Bose system is a must to have. The sound quality is absolutely amazing. The bass are perfectly rendered within the car, and it has been one of the best system I have been able to hear. It is near the Pathfinder Platinum 2014 model a coworker has.

Suggested Improvements

My model does not have bluetooth, neither navigation system. This could be added easily but the way you drive is actually not altered by the lack of this option you know. If I had to deal with Bluetooth I will probably not be as focused on the road as I would be without, so all in all I do not miss this. Though it is available on other models (Touring) for those who cannot drive without.

Beloved CX-7 Went Up In Flames
By alk76

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I loved my Mazda from day one. In July 2007, I leased my CX-7. In July 2010, because I loved it so much, I financed the rest and kept it. I have proof of all my oil changes and maintenance to the vehicle. I paid it off nearly one year early with some of my retirement savings so I could enjoy not having a monthly payment for the first time in my life. I also put brand new tires on before the winter season and another 3k to replace the cracked transfer case, leaking oil cooler and loose ball joint (as recommended by Mazda).

Favorite Features

In January 2015, my family was on the way to the mall. The check engine light came on, the engine shut off, my husband was barely able to steer the car down an exit ramp off the highway when the car completely stopped. Black smoke poured out of the hood. We grabbed our kids out of the their car seats and I stood with them in the freezing rain while flames shot out of the bottom and sides of the car and my husband called 911.

Suggested Improvements

I'll never forget how I stood there with tears streaming down my face, shivering and holding my babies while my Mazda that I trusted for almost 8 years, burned beyond recognition in front of me. The car was totaled. We don't know what caused it since no warning lights were on prior to that and nothing was reported to me by Mazda service when it was in the shop not even 6 weeks earlier. The insurance money is barely covering what I put in to it in the last 5 months. I won't buy a Mazda ever again, and I suggest you don't either.

Don't Buy or Get Rid of it!
By jrw80

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought new in 07/2006, 07 Touring model, AWD,loaded. Like the looks of the car. Real trouble began after 70,000 miles. Had VVT and timing chain replaced, $2500, Mazda rep literally said sorry nothing we can do about it. Should've got rid of it right there. Started to use a lot of oil afterwards, still not Mazda's problem. Got another year out of it before an ignition coil went bad on a trip and then only to find no compression in one of the cylinders. This car is a bad engine design. If you have on get rid of it before the miles go up, don't buy a used one if you're looking.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a new engine design. I guess that's why they discontinued it.

CX7 Turbo compression
By tjr12

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

On my 2007 cx7, Mazda warranty replaced vvt & timing chain that was grinding during start-up. While replacing, the mech found the intake cam way out of phase & called Mazda Canada tech line for approval to correct. Mazda tech line asked for compression after vvt & timing chain replaced. Dealer Mech found #1 at 70/170; #2-40/100; #3-60/140; #4-30/80. Mazda Canada tech said this is ok and to send me home, happy that they replaced the timing chain. My Mazda Dealer told me they would recommend doing the required repairs but because I'm requesting warranty to cover it because it's a result of the timing chain. I called Mazda Canada & they told me to go back to my Service Manager to fix? Help!

The Best Sport ZOOM ZOOM SUV
By galmanza

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have it for almost 7 months, and it just work perfectly, until now i didnt found any problem, i just came back from a trip to Las Vegas and the CX-7 was perfect on the road! Gas millage was better than the last time when we do the same thip but in a Ford Edge... we save a lot of money on gas this time! Exellente build quality, exterior and interior design, it just look great! Great Bose sound sytem, sunroof, the CX-7 just run like if you have a sporty car with it 4 cilender turbocharge! In my opinion MAZDA has better quality, realability and designs that Honda and Toyota.

Favorite Features

Designe, ouside and interior. The turbocharge, it just run like a sporty car, you know ZOOM ZOOM