Used 2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

MAZDA CX7 RIP OFF
By yopauly

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased brand new by my wife (46 years old). 50 thousand miles. list of repairs ;3 batteries not covered, four sets of tires first set lasted 8000 miles, 2 different wheel bearings first one covered second one was 460.00, sub freezing weather will not disengage from park. Now the big one, labor day weekend motor blew on busy 2 lane country road my wife and son were almost killed trying to steer to the side of the road. Timing chain broke damaging the head 3200 dollars for repair. MAZDA NOT COVERING. They built a TURD and are not standing behind their product. Anyone wishing to start a class action law suit please include us

What's with all the complaints?
By lmf10910

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my 2007 with 19k miles on it and have to have my thudding brakes replaced after 3k miles of driving. Mazda covered it. AND THAT'S ALL I'VE HAD TO! I honestly don't understand why so many people have had so many problems. Maybe I got lucky, but I am a previous Volvo owner and would love to hate a Mazda, but can't... it's fast, has a smooth drive, truly great on gas for a smaller crossover (much better that my friend's CR-V), and never gives me any issues. I wish I had problems with it to maybe go back to luxury, but the truth is, it's a great car, especially for the money. Yeah the floor mats are cheap, but it's not a Lexus...

The interior styling, turbo engine, cd changer, and gas mileage.

Better floor mats and rear visibility.

Advise please?
By elvis8it

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned my Mazda CX7 for three years, with very little problems. However, I am concerned about possible turbo issues down the road. Would love to hear about other owners of 2007 CX7's with over 60K? I have about 50K on mine. I currently love the car. I had one issue in which the warranty covered with no questions (I did have to show my maintenance records). This was for the the VVT / Time chain issue. Mazda took care of it, no problems, even provided me a loaner car!

We have really enjoyed this car
By AJ

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We leased our CX-7 in Mar. of '07 when the model was brand new. We have loved this car. We are spoiled with the sunroof, back-up camera, navigation and space. Our budget is less now, so we will have to give up some of these conveniences in our next car. I agree about the rough ride. Tires wear out very quickly and the ride gets rough and noisy when the tires begin to wear out. We have had a TERRIBLE time with the AC. Went out in Mar. '09, then 3 days after the warranty expired in Mar. '10, it went out again! Hassled with the dealer; they initially refused to cover it and charged us $100 to diagnose it. They ended up installing a new unit and refunded the $100. No other mechanic prob.

back up camera, nav.(although you can't input while moving,) space in rear and fold down rear seats, Turbo, body style.

Bluetooth, better visibility for driver left turns, lighted passenger mirror and power passenger seats.

Hard driver, long commuter
By long commuter

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My 3rd new Mazda but all the local dealerships closed. Love the cx7 and I was worried about the reliability of the turbo but it holds up well. No problems out of mine other than front tire wear due to bad alignment. People complaining about turbo lag should learn to use the manual shift mode when you are starting or passing- keeping the engine in the rpm range of the turbo eliminates the lag, and few cars can keep up with this thing when it is in its turbo range (around 3500-4500 rpm). If you keep your foot out of the turbo you can get 22-24 mpg after the engine is broken in, I average about 20 due to my faster driving style and quick starts.

My car is loaded with leather, heated seats, remote start, power moonroof and great looks for about the price of a Honda CR-V or Toyota Rav4 and it looks far better.

The 2 dealerships close to me closed and I will not be buying any more Mazdas since I have to drive an hour to get to a dealership.