2007 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
MAZDA CX7 RIP OFF
By yopauly on 09/12/12 12:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased brand new by my wife (46 years old). 50 thousand miles. list of repairs ;3 batteries not covered, four sets of tires first set lasted 8000 miles, 2 different wheel bearings first one covered second one was 460.00, sub freezing weather will not disengage from park. Now the big one, labor day weekend motor blew on busy 2 lane country road my wife and son were almost killed trying to steer to the side of the road. Timing chain broke damaging the head 3200 dollars for repair. MAZDA NOT COVERING. They built a TURD and are not standing behind their product. Anyone wishing to start a class action law suit please include us

What's with all the complaints?
By lmf10910 on 08/29/11 20:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my 2007 with 19k miles on it and have to have my thudding brakes replaced after 3k miles of driving. Mazda covered it. AND THAT'S ALL I'VE HAD TO! I honestly don't understand why so many people have had so many problems. Maybe I got lucky, but I am a previous Volvo owner and would love to hate a Mazda, but can't... it's fast, has a smooth drive, truly great on gas for a smaller crossover (much better that my friend's CR-V), and never gives me any issues. I wish I had problems with it to maybe go back to luxury, but the truth is, it's a great car, especially for the money. Yeah the floor mats are cheap, but it's not a Lexus...

Advise please?
By elvis8it on 03/30/11 18:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned my Mazda CX7 for three years, with very little problems. However, I am concerned about possible turbo issues down the road. Would love to hear about other owners of 2007 CX7's with over 60K? I have about 50K on mine. I currently love the car. I had one issue in which the warranty covered with no questions (I did have to show my maintenance records). This was for the the VVT / Time chain issue. Mazda took care of it, no problems, even provided me a loaner car!

We have really enjoyed this car
By AJ on 07/23/10 15:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We leased our CX-7 in Mar. of '07 when the model was brand new. We have loved this car. We are spoiled with the sunroof, back-up camera, navigation and space. Our budget is less now, so we will have to give up some of these conveniences in our next car. I agree about the rough ride. Tires wear out very quickly and the ride gets rough and noisy when the tires begin to wear out. We have had a TERRIBLE time with the AC. Went out in Mar. '09, then 3 days after the warranty expired in Mar. '10, it went out again! Hassled with the dealer; they initially refused to cover it and charged us $100 to diagnose it. They ended up installing a new unit and refunded the $100. No other mechanic prob.

Hard driver, long commuter
By long commuter on 05/24/10 10:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My 3rd new Mazda but all the local dealerships closed. Love the cx7 and I was worried about the reliability of the turbo but it holds up well. No problems out of mine other than front tire wear due to bad alignment. People complaining about turbo lag should learn to use the manual shift mode when you are starting or passing- keeping the engine in the rpm range of the turbo eliminates the lag, and few cars can keep up with this thing when it is in its turbo range (around 3500-4500 rpm). If you keep your foot out of the turbo you can get 22-24 mpg after the engine is broken in, I average about 20 due to my faster driving style and quick starts.

Good Ridence!!
By Someone's Mom on 02/21/10 16:23 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My lease is up next months, good ridence. Can't wait to get rid of this car. It's fun to drive but the interior quality is horrible. Cheap carpet and floor mats. Cheap interior overall. Cute car but bye-bye!!

Mazda's CX-7: The coolest CUV
By ljmattox on 02/07/10 15:01 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We've just finished our lease of a 2007 CX-7, and had a very positive experience overall. Ours was an early-build '07, so we had quite a few TSB service visits at first: reprogram the TCM for highway surging, reprogram the ECM for slow speed throttle response (as delivered, a little "gas" did little, then a little more lit a rocket), install new, better protecting door seals, and finally a new A/C control head unit to prevent condenser freeze-up in very hot weather. Since then? Nada. It's been bulletproof, fun to drive, and still so "cool" to look at; *great* styling for this class. Fitting real snow tires in the winter made it unstoppable, and we had it cross-country many times.

Bad Reliability
By JROD on 12/02/09 07:59 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the first model year for this vehicle and it came with some issues. When i had 14,000 miles, the engine seal was leaking and they had to do some major repairs to the engine, luckily this was under warranty. At 42,000 the air compressor failed and broke the serpentine belt and major issues to the AC system, unfortunately i was out of warranty and i was responsible for all costs. Ended up trading in the vehicle due to so many issues.

An easy transition to an SUV!
By winkfamily on 09/29/09 06:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my Mazda. I traded my 01 Honda Civic for my 07 Mazda-- going to the family car. I wanted something with room but, would still drive like a car.Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and feel like I got my money's worth. High safety ratings, looks great, inside is well designed and roomy, you will get lots of compliments! :)

Best Looking/Great Drive
By ZoomZoom on 09/08/09 18:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just crossed 36000 miles on my CX-7 FWD GT. I got it with the tech package, so it is loaded. Have had all the recommended services done. As I write this, the gas cap problem occurred way back in June 2007. Otherwise, the car has been exceptionally fun to drive. Get about 21 mpg (what I expected) and drive 60/40 highway/city. No a/c to rear, which is a bummer for the kids. That would be my biggest gripe. Also, the tires lasted to 30k, and i'm on my 2nd set. Otherwise, this has been a great car for me and my family. The fun-to- drive factor is off the charts. I live driving down two-lane country roads with inclines and curves. The car just responds so incredibly well. Go for it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.