Used 2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

CX7 Turbo compression
By tjr12

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

On my 2007 cx7, Mazda warranty replaced vvt & timing chain that was grinding during start-up. While replacing, the mech found the intake cam way out of phase & called Mazda Canada tech line for approval to correct. Mazda tech line asked for compression after vvt & timing chain replaced. Dealer Mech found #1 at 70/170; #2-40/100; #3-60/140; #4-30/80. Mazda Canada tech said this is ok and to send me home, happy that they replaced the timing chain. My Mazda Dealer told me they would recommend doing the required repairs but because I'm requesting warranty to cover it because it's a result of the timing chain. I called Mazda Canada & they told me to go back to my Service Manager to fix? Help!

Surprised at how much I like it
By illy

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this vehicle used, with 38,000 miles on it. I just needed a car to get me through 6-8 months after my husband PCSd with out Jetta and until i could join him. I have to say that I haven't had any of the problems with the vehicle that people have mentioned. So far I am really impressed with this little SUV. It has all the space I need and with a baby due in Jan, it will accommodate all the extra's and the 72 lb dog without any problems.

Leather seating. The pick-up and go, considering the 4 cylinder. The stability on the road.

No Aux for an iPod, if I wanted it. No Bluetooth for hands free talking.

VERY Disappointing
By Very disapointed

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Brand new, 1st 6 months the AC compressor was replaced. About 2 months later the Turbo censor went out thank God this was still under warranty. So I driving home on July 20 something and the just dies. No lights no warnings. Had the car towed to firestone they couldn't figure it out after a day and a half. Towed the car back to Mazda they said it was the motor. It had to be replaced do to improper oil changes which is B.S. I think this is a bad model I have read similar problems.

Put out a recall on this. This is very dangerous to be driving without any warning your car can shut off in the middle of the road. I didn't trade my 10 year old maximum in for this headache.

love the car but ive had problems!
By paula

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my Mazda CX-7, but i've had a ton of problems with it. I've had to replace the Air Conditioner, Turbo, Power train belt and a few censors. I was told there is a problem with the turbo and pvc? system but they don't have a fix for the pvc system. Mazda's are known for bad turbos and A/C ... so think twice before you buy a Mazda. I love this car, but my next car will not be a Mazda!

I love everything .... this SUV has plenty of room!

Bad turbo & AC is my only complaint!!!

would not buy agin
By c reese

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

my car is a 2007 cx7 the air compressor went out which also caused2 pullers to have to be replaced. no one has a compressor and i can not drive the car. i find this very strange because the car will not run. so i am stuck with a car note, plus an additional cost of transportation and a repair bill. there ii a problem with these cars and there is no recall on them.