Used 2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Gas and Repairs
By Lamar Thomas

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Break pads wear quickly, gas mileage very very poor and requires premium gas, turbo system unreliable with high repair cost. Backup camera view screen are poor. Rear seats uncomfortable.

CX -7 Don't Buy
By John

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

8 years old with only 70,000 miles. Turbo failure caused engine to fail. $8,000 of non covered repairs. Mazda knows about the turbo problem, but doesn't want to recognize the bad engine design. People complaining about the turbo problem are all over the internet. If you have the car and haven't had a problem yet, get rid of it. It's only a matter of time before the engine has an expensive failure.

CX-7 Sport
By greeko

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my CX-7 in 2011. I am the 3rd owner and I have to say I am really please by the performance and overall quality Mazda put in this model. The turbo acceleration is one of the fastest I have been able to drive on a SUV and having that power ready under the hood provide a feeling of security on the roads (when you need to get out from a spot you have what it needs). I have drove 60K with it and do the maintenance regularly. Does not cost much at Petboys, and never had an issue. I read many post on reliability of this model and I do not understand like them what went wrong with their. I would put that on lack of knowledge of the mechanics who touched their cars.

Bose system is a must to have. The sound quality is absolutely amazing. The bass are perfectly rendered within the car, and it has been one of the best system I have been able to hear. It is near the Pathfinder Platinum 2014 model a coworker has.

My model does not have bluetooth, neither navigation system. This could be added easily but the way you drive is actually not altered by the lack of this option you know. If I had to deal with Bluetooth I will probably not be as focused on the road as I would be without, so all in all I do not miss this. Though it is available on other models (Touring) for those who cannot drive without.

The Best Sport ZOOM ZOOM SUV
By galmanza

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have it for almost 7 months, and it just work perfectly, until now i didnt found any problem, i just came back from a trip to Las Vegas and the CX-7 was perfect on the road! Gas millage was better than the last time when we do the same thip but in a Ford Edge... we save a lot of money on gas this time! Exellente build quality, exterior and interior design, it just look great! Great Bose sound sytem, sunroof, the CX-7 just run like if you have a sporty car with it 4 cilender turbocharge! In my opinion MAZDA has better quality, realability and designs that Honda and Toyota.

Designe, ouside and interior. The turbocharge, it just run like a sporty car, you know ZOOM ZOOM

cx-7 lemon
By ralphculver

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The CX-7 is a beautiful and enticing car, especially with all the zoom zoom hipe by Mazda. We have owned the car for over 5 years and have had a series of problems each year. Recently they sent a letter indicating the Air Conditioning compressor might freeze up and need to be replaced. They extended the coverage to 5 years. We had no issue of this failure but delt with tons of other issues. Today the car stopped and left me stranded. The compressor did freeze and the result also ripped out the serpintine belt. I am done with this car and dealing with Mazda, as they said too bad your out of warranty. They knew this was defective and put us in a dangerous position. Shame on MAZDA. DON'T BUY 1.

Their total lack of compasion and lies about the quality of the car and service.

Develope a Consumer Relations department and actually hire some talent.

• SUV