2007 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
CX7 Turbo compression
By tjr12 on 07/18/13 13:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

On my 2007 cx7, Mazda warranty replaced vvt & timing chain that was grinding during start-up. While replacing, the mech found the intake cam way out of phase & called Mazda Canada tech line for approval to correct. Mazda tech line asked for compression after vvt & timing chain replaced. Dealer Mech found #1 at 70/170; #2-40/100; #3-60/140; #4-30/80. Mazda Canada tech said this is ok and to send me home, happy that they replaced the timing chain. My Mazda Dealer told me they would recommend doing the required repairs but because I'm requesting warranty to cover it because it's a result of the timing chain. I called Mazda Canada & they told me to go back to my Service Manager to fix? Help!

The Best Sport ZOOM ZOOM SUV
By galmanza on 07/03/13 14:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have it for almost 7 months, and it just work perfectly, until now i didnt found any problem, i just came back from a trip to Las Vegas and the CX-7 was perfect on the road! Gas millage was better than the last time when we do the same thip but in a Ford Edge... we save a lot of money on gas this time! Exellente build quality, exterior and interior design, it just look great! Great Bose sound sytem, sunroof, the CX-7 just run like if you have a sporty car with it 4 cilender turbocharge! In my opinion MAZDA has better quality, realability and designs that Honda and Toyota.

Fun car Zoom-Zoom
By solidhit on 06/30/13 05:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded in my '03 Expedition for the CX 7. I was impressed with the zippy handling and overall performance of the CX. I was looking at several cross overs and smaller SUVs but the Touring edition had what I was looking for. I was surprised at the way the turbo 4 cyl handled with 4 people. I was expecting it to bog down with the extra weight but it certainly didn't. It has the room for everything I need it for including the towing package I needed for a small trailer and a future boat. Gas mileage from my first tank full was a respectful 17.5. I expect that to increase since I didn't drive very conservatively, wanting to see what she would do on different road types.

Turbo failure x 2 and only @ 63,000 miles
By highland303030 on 04/25/13 12:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

1st turbo blown @ 43,000 miles driving down the road 30 miles an hr hear a load pop and whine and total loss of pwr. Seemed like i could only drive in 1st gear. Took to dealership and the following: 1. turbo charger replaced 2. Gasket, Turbo Charger 3. Gasket, oil pipe 4. Stud 5. Stud, Surge Tank x 8 6. Nut, Flange x 9 7. Sensor, air & Fuel 8. Pipe Fuel main 9. Valve, Selenoid Confirmed Customer concern, performed compression test and evaluated engine 175, 175, 180, 180. Engine appears not to be internally damaged, found turbo Impeller Rattling and sending engine oil into exhaust system, found no oxygen sensor signal. Replaced turbo and oil lines, replaced oxygen sensor. replaced fuel lines

2 issues over the last 7 years
By just1mnbound on 03/27/13 16:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my CX-7 new. Only issues have been the check engine light (faulty gas cap from Mazda. The cap wasn't creating a proper seal), and now at 74,563 miles later the turbo is leaking oil (reported issue with the CX-7). Lucky for me I bought the extended warranty for up to 75,000. It's in the shop right now and feel lucky! But other than those two problems, I really like the car. Nice design and value for the price. I have the CX-7 Touring fully loaded.

DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY THIS CAR
By amylouise2 on 03/11/13 09:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my 2007 Mazda CX-7 Turbo with AWD a year ago. A few months ago I needed to renew my inspection. I drove down to the dealership to get it inspected, and they told me the codes in the monitors are in readiness mode. My fiance and I took the car out to the highway and all in all, by the time we got back to the dealership, we had been driving for 3 hours. 3 major codes still haven't come in yet and I have been taking the car on major trips for the last three months. I have been making sure all of the oil changes and maintenance is done. Still not sure what the issue is. I've been on the phone with Mazda dealerships and I've taken it to a few different mechanics and nobody has an answer.

cx-7 lemon
By ralphculver on 02/01/13 13:29 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The CX-7 is a beautiful and enticing car, especially with all the zoom zoom hipe by Mazda. We have owned the car for over 5 years and have had a series of problems each year. Recently they sent a letter indicating the Air Conditioning compressor might freeze up and need to be replaced. They extended the coverage to 5 years. We had no issue of this failure but delt with tons of other issues. Today the car stopped and left me stranded. The compressor did freeze and the result also ripped out the serpintine belt. I am done with this car and dealing with Mazda, as they said too bad your out of warranty. They knew this was defective and put us in a dangerous position. Shame on MAZDA. DON'T BUY 1.

Started out as my dream car.....
By lenalou22 on 09/13/12 18:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My CX7 is in the shop again, this time with a $2500 repair. It has 45,000 miles on it and needs a second timing chain as well as a new turbo. I also had the AC replaced this summer. I was so in LOVE with this car when I got it, but after putting 20,000 miles on it and paying THOUSANDS of dollars in repairs, I could not be more disappointed. Mazda knows all of the problems with these CX7- yet doesn't stand behind it when they happen over and over again to according to all these reviews, everyone. Some people say they haven't had problems yet, they will come. Just wait. Had I known Mazda was made by FORD I would have never bought it in the first place.

MAZDA CX7 RIP OFF
By yopauly on 09/12/12 12:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased brand new by my wife (46 years old). 50 thousand miles. list of repairs ;3 batteries not covered, four sets of tires first set lasted 8000 miles, 2 different wheel bearings first one covered second one was 460.00, sub freezing weather will not disengage from park. Now the big one, labor day weekend motor blew on busy 2 lane country road my wife and son were almost killed trying to steer to the side of the road. Timing chain broke damaging the head 3200 dollars for repair. MAZDA NOT COVERING. They built a TURD and are not standing behind their product. Anyone wishing to start a class action law suit please include us

VVT Timing Chain Issue?
By houstongfamily on 03/19/12 21:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was driving my Mazda CX-7 on the highway at 65 mph when my car made a loud noise from the engine and had a loss in power. I towed the car to a Mazda dealer where the technician that inspected my car stated the timing chain was missing a pin and caused the engine to break. Therefore my engine needed to be replaced. I replaced my engine at 72K miles which is slightly over the 70K mile service notice that Mazda recently put out for reimbursement from repairs related to the VVT Timing Chain. I hired a lawyer to pursue reimbursement of my engine replacement cost and would like to know if there are more cases of engine failure or repairs around/above 70K miles due to the timing chain.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.