Research paid off
By bobbarnett on
2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I read everything I could about this car for months. When everyone praised the AWD model, I began getting dealers to match prices and discounts through Costco pricing. Out the door w every extra, including LoJack, white paint, and plastic coating, I paid $35,000 w Ca tax and license. I love this car. It's fun and simple to drive, mid range torque rocks, and the 9 speaker Bose system is fabulous w CDs, Sirius Or Bluetooth high level Pandora. Lots of power ports, even in the rear storage area. W 1000 miles now, we're going on a trek up the Ca and Or coasts in May, and then to Crater Lake. W the 70 LB Golden Doodle. Will report again then.
Favorite Features
Looks Sound System Driver seat AC/heat/heated seats Roominess
Suggested Improvements
Bigger Nav screen
By koz60
on 04/18/14 10:26 AM (PDT)

Wonder why all the thumbs down on the review? I just priced out the car and with just the technology package I was over 31,500. You add in all thee bells and whistles and you can easily hit $35K. What options would you all say are worth the money? Are the headlights in the technology package worth the money? Is the Nav system worth it?

By rewilson
on 03/30/14 11:19 AM (PDT)

Dealer commentary! Paid far too much for the vehicle ... essentially MSRP plus more for the options. I'm at 5k below this number - although it is a reasonable car for the money I paid.

By tjf72
on 07/07/14 20:45 PM (PDT)

I'm looking into purchasing the 2015 CX-5 Touring with all the bells and whistles. The only complaint I've heard about is the Nav screen and functionality. Any advice on this vehicle?