2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Consumer Reviews

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-5 model:
Overall Quite Satisfied with a Few Noted Exceptions
By Marc Edwards on 03/16/15 15:42 PM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought in June 2014, 15k on it so far. Very fun to drive. Get as advertised mileage 25 city, approx. 32 hwy, and 27 combined.

Dislike the AC
By Wang Kaisi on 03/03/15 16:26 PM (PST)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

A few things to point out after owning this car more than a year. 1. AC system. Front windshield defrost will ONLY turn on when you use external circulation mode. When I need to defrost, I am also bringing in the exhaust from the car in front of me. 2. 180HP on this vehicle seems not enough power when passing on a freeway. (personal)

love it but the 2016 is on the way
By speechcop60 on 02/23/15 16:18 PM (PST)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the Grand Touring AWD in August now has 5,000 miles. I bought the reflex blue color which is hard to find. Get a lot of good comments on it. I love the ride, the stereo sounds great. Good acceleration for a 4 cylinder. Others have complained about the touchscreen but I have no problem with it. I just saw the 2016 is coming out in June. Classic Mazda dealership was great. Will most likely buy another one when i get tired of this one!

750 miles and love it so far
By cx5er on 02/22/15 22:58 PM (PST)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I really love my CX-5. I tried the Toyota Rav4 (my #2), Ford Escape (my #3), and Honda CR-V (#4--hated it) before choosing this car. It was a clear winner. I appreciated how the middle trim level I purchased had features that higher quality vehicles and higher trim levels only offered with other makers (i.e. blind spot monitoring). As a college student without my own family, having the single control for the AC/heating works well for me. If you have children, you’d probably be inclined to consider the Grand Touring model since it allows passengers to control their own temperature control. The car is fun to drive and easy to maneuver. Best deal for the money.

Regretingmypurchase!
By bx2pa on 02/15/15 17:35 PM (PST)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I, too, have experienced the car self accelerating on it's own. When breaking didn't stop the car, I had to put it into neutral and then park as the engine was screaming and car was shaking, all the while trying my hardest pushing the brake pedal. After 2 episodes, I am very skittish driving this SUV, just waiting for this to happen again. Dealer checked the car out and found nothing amiss. The car does these self accelerating moments intermittently. I also find that the brake and gas pedals are too closely positioned. Sometimes I clip the brake pedal as I move my foot to the gas pedal, causing the car to buck. What to do with a brand new SUV (and loan) that I'm afraid to drive!

5,000 Miles in, all smiles
By hootie361 on 02/08/15 08:20 AM (PST)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased this CX-5 in December 2014 after my 7 years driving an X3. Of all the compact SUVs available in the $25-30K price range, we liked the CX-5 styling the best. Now 5,000 miles on the odometer and I really have no complaints. On highway trips through the PA mountains and over OH flatlands, I averaged 29mpg at 70mph. In mixed driving (local errands, groceries, etc.) I'm seeing about 25mpg. And all this with 87 octane on a high-compression engine. The in-dash multimedia system works great, pairing with multiple iPhone/iPods cleanly and transmitting bluetooth info as needed. The update to the TomTom nav system worked as described on the web guide. Very happy with this choice so far.

Great car
By kydanco on 01/14/15 12:38 PM (PST)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our 2015 CX 5 in August . We traded in our 2014 CX 5 cause I wanted a grand touring model. We love the car and it is a hoot to drive. Mileage is spot on and the Pandora woks great. don"t really use the nav system. Can't say enough good things about it. A little trip to the E Bay store for some crome items for the outside and it is a head turner. I named it our Mazda-Rotti. Looks like a mini Lexus

Very happy with my new SUV
By suziesivlerado on 12/25/14 04:52 AM (PST)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just traded in a 2014 Accord sedan (which had multiple problems) for the CX-5, so let me start by saying I only had this car for five days. But I love it so far. The seats are so supportive and comfortable (apart from the head restraint which are fine for taller people) The Bose system sounds fine to me--not great-- but good enough. The interior noise level (I checked with a decibel meter) is lower than some higher price models. It is relatively smooth on bumpy roads and a pleasure to drive. The electronic multifunction interface is not great. it is a bit slow and sometimes requires multiple entries. Also, the screen could be a tad bigger.

There are better options
By jpemm on 12/22/14 06:29 AM (PST)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Two test drives, many reviews, bought a 2015 Grand Touring for price, have buyer’s remorse. Positive features not unique in the SUV field. Navigation system delivered in December 2014 not current. Free update took 8 hours to download/install including at least 8 trips back and forth between the car and my computer. The HomeLink system yet to function. Larger buyers be aware that the seats may be too narrow/uncomfortable. Mileage so far on mostly level highway speeds of 65 mph or less, is is 26, not the 30+ claimed. Steering so responsive that you may drift out of lane if you glance at the displays. The 19” wheels provide a bumpy ride. Recommend you consider Honda, Nissan, or Subaru.

So Far, Exceeds Expectations
By annika2 on 12/08/14 09:06 AM (PST)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in my sweet little 2010 Mazda 3 for this guy, and I'm in love. I would have kept the 3 (I was this close to paying it off), but I needed more room for the family. Namely my 6'4" husband. The CX-5 is beyond roomy, and it's really comfortable. But driving it, I don't feel like I lost much of the quick response and easy handling that I had with my 3. The only thing I'm not sure about is the audio/phone computer thing. It's clunky and ugly and cheap and feels like an afterthought. An unwise afterthought. BUT...it's been working for me when it eventually gets all connected and set up with my phone. No problems so far streaming Pandora, or playing the music from my iPhone or calling out.