2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-5 model:

sub-par audio? No. That's nonsense.
By MJM

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Surprised one of the cons listed for this vehicle in main review is sub-par audio. That's nonsense. I own the Grand Touring with Bose Audio system. It sounded really good right out of the dealer's lot. So don't believe that review, it's crap. Listen to it yourself and be the judge. After purchasing, I upgraded the head, added more subs and another sub amp. But all the original Bose stuff (including amp) is still in there. And it sounds nothing short of AMAZING. I take my sound systems seriously, I'm no amateur. So make your own decision, don't believe the review.

So far so good (aside from infotainment annoyanves
By Austin

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The infotainment system is functional, but has some annoying quirks to it. I'll probably end up upgrading it at a later date

Red snapper
By Kenny peacock

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Excellent road handling cabin could be quiter overall just a good driving veichal

Worst Car Owned/Worst Brand Ever
By Chad

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Where do I begin? The fact that it was never working when I bought it and Mazda refused to repair it? Or the multiple times it stranded me? Or how Mazda wouldn't honor its warranty when the mileage dropped to 12, the gearbox failed a second time, the infotainment stopped working, etc? How's this: My friend bought a Mazda6 and recommended the 2014 Mazda3, which I bought. That car was a complete lemon with constant problems, so I foolishly traded it for the CX-5: Even more problems, more headaches, and less support from Mazda! Nothing worked, the dealer lied for two years, the car never got fixed despite a dozen unscheduled service visits and multiple breakdowns. After the umpteenth time catching Mazda reps in a lie, I gave up... BTW, my friend with the 6? His turned into an even worse lemon and got no help from them either.

My first Mazda - surprisingly impressed
By Paul

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had the car for about 2 years now and so far so good, it's very reliable in the worst conditions considering I still have the stock all seasons! The interior could use more leg room, my son who is only 2 years old is able to reach my seat with his legs already and he's only 3 ft tall. But overall I like this small cuv, it's very reliable in the snow might be just as good as my toyota fj cruiser in NJ snow conditions. Gas mileage is the best in class, exterior design is awesome for a car at this price point.