2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-5 model:
Fooled by the looks
By jdagosta on 09/20/14 19:49 PM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

What a shocker. Our last four new car purchases had been Toyotas. We were lured in by the sporty look of the CX-5, and claims that its reliability was comparable toToyota's. The salesman hyped the CX -5's maintenance free transmission. About a week after our purchase, the transmission failed completely and required replacement. No support, no apologies, from the dealer. We won't be fooled again. Back to Toyota

Do Not Pay For The Tech Package with the Mazda CX 5
By wuffb on 08/18/14 15:58 PM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had a 2013 Mazda CX5 GT with Tech Package and the iPod integration unit / Bluetooth worked perfectly. I JUST bought a new 2015 with the 2.5 Engine and Tech Package. Don't buy this car with the Tech package! Mazda has known about problems with this system for over a year . . . nothing fixed yet. No time stated for firmware update. Pandora / iPod/ Bluetooth . . . sync up very sketchy. Go on Google . .. type in "Mazda CX5 iPod issues" and read all the posts and You tube Video. Dealer knows this system is not working right and will not inform customers. Mazda knows this system is not working right and hasn't fixed it . . . but you will pay for it!

Another Mazda - Another Great Ride
By basst95 on 08/15/14 05:22 AM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I just bought the 2015 CX-5 AWD Touring. We got the blue ext / black int no tech but w/installed remote starter. Price $25250 before $500 Loyalty discount, trade in, and Tax / Title. Overall good price for great vehicle. We're still breaking in but handling, comfort, and overall design seem to be living up to the hype. My wife is enjoying features like the blind spot monitoring and rear back up camera. Layout is simple but intuitive and functional; from tilt / tele steering wheel, 40/20/40 folding seats to easy pairing of bluetooth. Gas mileage is right at 25mpg so we'll see how that holds up in the winter months. This Mazda out shined over the Toyota, honda, & Ford.

Don't Buy
By dontlikeit on 08/12/14 12:23 PM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Leased a 2015 CX-5 from Pugi and wished I didn't. Had to jump-start it 4-times over the last month. Car would go dead sitting. Dealership said the battery & electrical systems were fine. Then the car self accelerated on it's own & breaking didn't disengage it. Had to put it in neutral as the engine was screaming in high rpms trying to disengage by stomping on the accelerator pedal. So now they want to put a black-box recorder in to see if it happens again. Could be to late and end up fatal. Would you want to be the lab rate waiting for your death? Talked to Mazda DM and said "the buck stops here" and that's what we are offering. We have no confidence in the Mazda product or the dealership..

Exciting fun car
By todhug on 07/19/14 23:10 PM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I looked for over 3 months for a new car that I could purchase to replace our family van. I've been driving vans for 20 years and it is finally time to get something much cooler and funner to drive. I looked at all the CUVs and even a Mini Cooper Countryman. After doing much research I decided put purchase a 2015 Mazda CX 5 from Freeway Mazda in Ogden, Utah. First, let me say that it was one of the best car purchasing experiences I've had. Freeway Mazda created a pleasant car buying experience with none of the traditional high pressure gimmicks and they gave us a very good deal. They Mazda CX 5 is fun, beautiful, and and eye catching car. Everyone that I pass looks.

Excellent vehicle for the money
By oldbearcat on 07/16/14 19:38 PM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I needed a replacement for my Honda CRV. After doing research and test driving the new CRV, RAV4, and the CX-5, I feel the Mazda is the best of the bunch. The CX-5 feels more athletic, handles better, and feels more comfortable to me. The Touring comes fairly loaded with features, and, mine has the Bose radio and sun roof package as well. Build quality seems excellent and equal to the Honda it replaced.

CX - 5 Grand
By mikecmaryland on 06/01/14 06:26 AM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My son did the research and saw the CX-5 AWD with the tech package as the best deal for a small SUV. He bought one. I liked it so much, three weeks later, I bought one. Paid $32K on the road - MD

I love this car!
By girlfromwa on 05/30/14 18:25 PM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My last vehicle was a Sub Forester. All well and good. This car handles much better. Better turn radius, much more "umph" on steep mountain passes, lots of pep & energy - and AWD too! Sweet! Subaru a little weak on bells and whistles, and this has really nice comfort features. Good gas mileage too.

Research paid off
By bobbarnett on 03/27/14 18:39 PM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I read everything I could about this car for months. When everyone praised the AWD model, I began getting dealers to match prices and discounts through Costco pricing. Out the door w every extra, including LoJack, white paint, and plastic coating, I paid $35,000 w Ca tax and license. I love this car. It's fun and simple to drive, mid range torque rocks, and the 9 speaker Bose system is fabulous w CDs, Sirius Or Bluetooth high level Pandora. Lots of power ports, even in the rear storage area. W 1000 miles now, we're going on a trek up the Ca and Or coasts in May, and then to Crater Lake. W the 70 LB Golden Doodle. Will report again then.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.