Good Bad and the Ugly
By geeman6 on
2014 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
After shopping around I decided to buy the 2014 CX-5 Sport/ 6A. This was my first non-American car. I love the car and it has every thing I wanted as standard equip. BUT the car has 4,200 miles and when you sit at a light, trans in gear, engine at idle the car will suddenly lurch forward. It's happened three times. At first I thought I got re-ended, not so. Very dangerous and it could happen at anytime. I believe the trans lock-up converter engages for a split second. I'm trading it in. It's only a matter of time before the trans goes totally bad.
Favorite Features
It's all good, hard to find anything wrong except for the trans problem. The noise complants are normal for a front wheel drive car.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the trans problem....It's bad. Can't say if it's a one time bad car or systemic. Buyer Beware!!
By jam2825
on 04/13/14 06:14 AM (PDT)

I purchased my 2014 CX5 in early 2013. It has 25,000 miles at this time, mostly highway miles. In the last 6 months there have been times when accelerating to pass, the car accelerates to extreme after I've let off the accelerator, and the tachometer flies up as if the accelerator is sticking. This also happens when I stop quickly and sometime when I'm not stopping quickly. The accelerator flies up while breaking. It's becoming more and more frequent. I told the dealership about it the last time I got my oil changed and they said they drove it and it didn't happen to them. After seeing this review, I will bring it to their attention again. It is dangerous! I am very disappointed, as this vehicle was not cheap. This is the first new foreign car I have purchased.