3 of 3 people found this review helpful
Very impressed with this CX-5
By ron277 on
2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I have driven the CX5 for just a week now and I am impressed at the power in the 2.5 liter
4 cylinder engine. Great pickup and can do anything I ask it to do on the road. Ride is firm but comfortable, the steering is responsive, the 9 speaker Bose system sounds great and it much better than on my old Mazda 626 ES. The mileage so far as I have recorded is hanging around 28 MPG. Wonderful. The rear camera and the BSM system are all frosting on the cake. I purchase additional warranty to
84 mo/100,000 miles , beyond Mazda's 36 mo/36,000 mile
1) the 2.5 Liter engine power, FWD transmission
2) Bose audio system incl CD mode , Bluetooth and Ipod mode , HD sound
3) the CX-5 's handling and braking. The overall ride is comfortable & reflects well on the fine quality and reputation of Mazda products
4) body styling and design including the fog lamps and alloy wheels
5) The color of my CX5
which reminds me of my first new automobile which was a 1976 Chevrolet Monte Carlo: Stormy blue MC
6) The safety systems including the BSM, rear camera and the 6 airbag system
7) The remote keyless start, push button start
8) The sunroof and privacy glass.
1) The standard 36 mo/36,000 bumper to bumper warranty needs to be longer in duration.
2) a NAV system should be standard equipment
3) The trip & info
meter could haven been designed better with a better looking
better organized more informative readout. There doesn't seem to be good well thought out design here. It's sloppy and not very intuitive.
4) The CX-5 has a little more engine noise than I would like but I guess that's to be expected with a high compression 4 cylinder engine.
5) The sharkfin antenna is too prominent and a little tacky in appearance