True to expectations - Comfortable but some quibbles
By agaurav on
2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I have had my CX5 for 2+ months and driven 2200 miles in Dallas metroplex. It has been great so far with no surprises. Comfortable ride and no squeaks or any mechanical issues. Gas mileage for this FWD has been 27 mpg in mostly city driving with a very light foot and a constant eye on the current mpg reading. The USB port in the console charges phones at a slow rate since it has medium amp. The rear seats don't recline so not very comfortable for adults. Now that I am used to backup camera and blind spot monitoring, I need to be careful when driving wife's car without these aids. The gas tank is 15 gallons but I could fill only 12.2 gallons when range left was 5 miles.
Favorite Features
The doors open wide so getting in easy for kids etc. Managed to get all weather mats for seats and trunk at a reasonable rate. The trunk space is pretty good as well. Visibility is quite good and the seat elevation is just right for my 5'7" frame. Did try the manual shift but it wouldn't let me go to much higher gear if I wanted to (just for experimenting or for potentially saving gas) - so that's quite good as prevents accidental wear/tear/damage by being in wrong gear.
Suggested Improvements
Bose Audio system isn't that good. For one most of the sound comes from the center front speaker (it appears) and speech on radio like NPR is just OK. Not as good as I wanted. USB interface is very bad - I put a USB stick with songs. Every time I start the car, it takes a long time to scan the entire drive and then starts from the first song. That is quite unbelievable!! Doesn't remember where I left it off. Bluetooth is fine with my Galaxy S3 and wife's iPhone 4S but didn't quite work with an older iPhone 3. Kept dropping and skipping. Really wish there were A/C vents for rear seats. Kids complain it takes quite some time for their space to cool down.
By ftacher
on 12/02/13 14:58 PM (PST)

Thanks for the honest review. I was seriously considering this vehicle. I drive a lot and my two main concerns are road noise and a good stereo. This seems to fail on both items. I shall move on. Thanks