2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Review: The little big SUV

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV - Consumer Review

The little big SUV
By motiver on

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I drove a Nissan Altima Sedan (2008, 170hp), then an Infiniti G37 Sedan (2010, 330hp). Now I just bought this 2014 CX-5 Touring AWD. I am surprised how Mazda was able to pack in terrific gas mileage in a powerful engine. The comfort in the cockpit is top notch and I love the Bluetooth Phone and Pandora integration. The blind spot indicators are awesome. Makes me feel very safe and confident. The drive smooth and comfy. Huge leg room for everyone in the car (I am 6ft tall). Overall, it is downright amazing. I don't miss my G37 anymore. :)

Favorite Features

Touch screen Bluetooth phone integration, Blind spot indicators, Pandora, HD Radio, leg room and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

This could use some internal lighting for door controls. It's dark inside. The software for bluetooth phone integration and iPod interface is very slow. An update would be awesome. The engine is a bit loud than usual but nothing earth shattering. I miss the remote keyless entry "buttons" on the door handles. I didn't get those on the base model. This is something very basic when you already have a keyless ignition system. The audio is a bit tinny.