2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Review: So happy I went with this vehi

2014 Mazda CX-5 - Consumer Review

Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

So happy I went with this vehicle!
By kewright on

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall, I have to say that I am really pleased with the 2014 Mazda CX-5 GT with Tech package. I feel like it was a great value and upgrade from our previously owned Jeep Compass. The ride can be a little stiff on bumpy city road surfaces, but feels great at highways. The handling is fantastic and sport-like. It feels like it handles more like a sedan than an SUV. We broke in our CX-5 by taking up to the mountains right off the lot, and it handled great up the hills (plenty of power). I've seen many comments about road noise, and this vehicle was far quieter than others in its class that I test drove. It's a little loud at start up, but that is the rapid engine heating system.

I pretty much love everything about this car. Aside from the few little nit-picky things noted below.

The interior nighttime lighting could be a little better. I feel like the buttons on the doors should be illuminated like the other buttons on the dash and steering wheel. Lighted cup holders would be great at night also. Also, I thought that the auto-dimming mirror with Homelink was equipped with a compass, which it is not. I do like to have a compass available when driving in unfamiliar areas. (Not having to use the navigation.) The USB audio function is a little cumbersome when playing my iPod. I find it better to stream the audio through the bluetooth. The vehicle info center is a little cluttered. They could have utilized the right digital display a little more effectively.