Road Noise, Radio
By charlesc32 on
2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Nice car. Love the back-up camera and blind spot warning system. However, the road noise is excessive. It came with Yokohama Geoearth tires. Very noisy. At the behest of my tire dealer I changed to Michelin Defenders. Touted as the quietest tires available. Don't believe it. The road noise reduction was not noticeable. I just wasted lots of money. Told him so. He was not inclined to change his advice. Didn't expect him to do so. It would seem the Japanese engineers could address this road noise problem as the GM engineers have. I think, in retrospect, I should have bought an Encore. So far, CX-5 Touring is reliable.
Favorite Features
Back up camera. Blind spot monitoring system. Interior room. Good pickup. Good gas mileage.
Suggested Improvements
Road noise. Terrible. That is why I gave Build Quality a low mark. Otherwise, pretty solid car. I had to pay extra for Sirius Radio. It would seem, at this price and in this model, it would be included. It was standard on my 2011 Kia Sportage that I traded in for this car. Repeat-- Should have bought a comparable Encore.