2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Review: Responsive and Agile

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV - Consumer Review

Responsive and Agile
By christian_v on

2014 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Looks great, easily the best looking CUV in the market right now. I test drove a GT AWD, Touring AWD, Sport FWD and AWD. The Sport models felt more agile and responsive. Consequently, I chose a Sport AWD that sat in the parking lot unnoticed (2 miles on the odometer). The lack of power really only becomes apparent on the highway. The engine needs to be revved a bit more to squeeze all the available power. But it does it so smoothly, downshifts quickly, puts a smile on my face each time I hit the gas pedal!

Favorite Features

Handsome styling, keyless entry, pushbutton start/stop. Standard audio sounds good. Roomy interior and cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Make Bluetooth standard.
By christian_v
on 06/10/13 22:39 PM (PDT)

1000 mile update: Really enjoy driving this CUV. Handles like a car, solid and stable with very sharp steering response. I drive a Scion FRS and it has a similar precise, lightweight responsive feel that stimulates the fun part of your brain. I look forward to installing some lower profile performance tires to take advantage of its sweet handling. The bigger engine has more power, but it's also a bit tractor-like and lacks character. Choose the model according to your needs. If you have a large family or move a lot of gear, then the bigger engine is recommended. However, if you have a small family or fly solo most of the time, the Sport is the way to go. Way more fun than anyone driving a CUV has a right to:))