Mazda CX-5 GT
By vladeze100 on
2014 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I bought a 2014 Mazda CX-5 GT and absolutely love it. I was a big fan of the vehicle when it came out, but felt that the 2.0L engine was not powerful enough for me. When I test drove the 2.5L, I knew that this is a car for me and bought it. I am impressed with the overall quality of the interior (other cars I've owned - Audi, Lexus, Nissan, Toyota). This is one sweet SUV. Trust me, test drive this before you buy any other small SUV and compare it to what you were thinking of buying. Mazda really makes fun to drive, high-quality vehicles.
Favorite Features
Love the GT package (all the tech stuff) and the handling. Like the red stitching on the black leather, the Bose audio the Nav system (easy to use) and the torque of the 2.5L.
Suggested Improvements
Possibly larger nav screen (7" instead of 5.8").
By 4wheelpilot
on 03/01/13 06:07 AM (PST)

I am coming off a nissan maxima sv premium lease. This has been a very nice car. I am shopping (and cross-shopping)sedans and small suvs. i test drove the Mazda 6 and the CX-5 back to back. essentially same interior (clean layout and high quality materials) in both with tighter back seats than competition. the cx-5 is a nice suv, but is slightly (noticeably) noisier and rides a little choppier than the 6, or the mazda 6 is smoother in every way. i agree with many that the new kodo design is handsome but fades at the rear of both vehicles. i will be test driving the 2014 subaru forester xt turbo soon.

By alanbala
on 02/17/13 19:00 PM (PST)

The CVT? Mazda doesn't use CVT's. The transmission is a 6-speed. If you use the manual mode, you can start out in 2nd gear, but of course, you will have less power, which is the intent--in snow, for example, so you are less inclined to spin the wheels.

By 03passatguy
on 02/10/13 17:56 PM (PST)

I just test drove this 2.5L. First, its bigger than I thought it would be. There's just more vehicle than I expected. It is definitely fun to drive. Responsive, relatively quick. Very good turning radius. Very good stopping. Steering is responsive and not at all numb. Good visibility - not fantastic like the Forester, but good. It doesn't hurt that the driver's seat is quite high. This might be the tallest buggy in its class. But the vehicle is not "tippy". It has great road manners. Very competent gas mileage, although what is on the sticker and what happens in the real world...? Here's what I was less thrilled about. The seats are a bit stiff and there is more than a little road vibration. Short trips around the area would be fine. I wonder about how it would feel on longer trips. Also, the CVT - the Touring that I drove had a semi-automatic feature - winds out and is a tad loud. So is the engine in higher acceleration modes. It's not exactly cheap. For the top of the line CX5, you get pushed into price points that make it easy to shop elsewhere. And if you're looking for "comfy", this won't be it. But there are lots of things to recommend this. Certainly worth a look and a test drive.