2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Review: Love the new 2014 CX5 Grand To

2014 Mazda CX-5 - Consumer Review

Love the new 2014 CX5 Grand Touring with a few exceptions
By nrgxmsn on

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This care was a very pleasent surprise. I was set on a Honda CRV and after a test drive it was a little better than average. Also test drove a Suburu Forester and it was below average with basic interior frills. Never test drove the Rav4 because its ugly cowhide dashboard. Wasn't considering a Mazda but after looking at it, it looked rich and classy, the interior was above all the others lots of frills, but the ride was amazing very steady going around turns like a race car. Test drove a 2013 and it appeared light on HP but not the 2014 no longer an issue. The gas mileage is better than my previous car a Honda CRV.

Favorite Features

Love the dashboard and monitor, rear view camera huge and very clear, love the blind spot monitoring warning system which only works if you put your blinker on but it can be turned off. Love the fact Mazda has all the other SUV's beat in interior design and comfort. I love the luxurious ride and it is very quite but I also had the undercarriage sprayed for rust proofing which may have helped. Truck space is better than expected. I had a trailer hitch installed and used it quite a bit this weekend and had no power issues. The headlamps are very bright and in a perfect line ahead of the car. Keyless ignition is nice.

Suggested Improvements

I'm still have trouble getting blue tooth to consistantly hook up to my US Cellular LG Freedom phone, very frustrating. I have banged my head twice on the top door frame reaching into the car for something and so did my 9 yr. grandson this evening. It may change the look but the top door frame is a couple inches too low and it is worse in the back seat getting into the car. If the drivers seat and back support was an inch wider and the seat itself a little more comfortable this car would be a winner. I also miss a right arm rest, the compartment cover between the seats is too low to use. Where's the ash tray, I don't smoke but I like hiding my valueables in it.