Love the car but the smell is making me sick!
By veruca on
2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Just bought a 2014 GT AWD. The gas right now is holding steady for me at 22.8 and I've mostly done city driving so I guess that's almost true to stated MPG. I cannot believe how smooth this car drives. I feel like all the stuff that came with it made it a pretty sound deal. I test drove a 2013 against the 2014 and you can instantly tell the difference in power for not much loss in MPG. My problem is the new car smell is making sick, even on short drives. It's still cold and I'm forced to drive with all the windows done. Also, I am just hoping there are no radiation issues. Even though Hiroshima is far enough away, these cars are probably shipped with Nissans.
Favorite Features
Fun to drive. Handles wonderfully. I guess because I'm not used to a Nav system, the small screen is fine for me. The MPG, if it does get even a little better is pretty good. I've had several cars with Bluetooth, but the phone connectivity in this car is amazing, they've made it very simple.
Suggested Improvements
Detoxify your cars before you deliver them to customers. Hopefully Mazda is checking for radiation levels, and I mean when they arrive in CA. I wish our Gov't set radiation standards like the Europeans. Other than the two items listed above, I would have been much happier with better 17" instead of the 19" but the 19" do make it look sporty.
By mazda_guru
on 08/15/14 12:44 PM (PDT)

Radiation? Seriously? The smell is the sealant they put on the engines burning off. Should go away within 100 miles. The cars aren't irradiated.