2014 Mazda CX-5 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great Small SUV! Very Useful

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV - Consumer Review

Great Small SUV! Very Useful and Fun to Drive!!
By comet18 on

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bottom Line Up Front: I bought my 2014 Soul Red Metallic Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring at the end of May and couldn't be happier with it! It looks great, drives wonderfully and is exceeding the advertised MPG ratings. We looked at the Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, Ford Escape, Subaru Outback and Forester as well as the Mazda CX-5. Test drove them all several times. Comparing the safety ratings, fuel economy, cargo capacity, etc. the cars all come out fairly similarly. In my opinion, the main differentials were looks and driving style. The CX-5 is sleeker and much more fun to drive. It felt much more nimble and agile than the others and now it's in my garage.

Favorite Features

This car is fun to drive and looks sharp! It gets great gas mileage! Advertised at 24/30 MPG city/highway and I'm getting 28-29.5 MPG combined on fairly balanced driving over the first 2000 miles. Interior-wise, the car is very comfortable. The leather breathes well and doesn't get nearly as hot in the summer heat (at least so far) as I thought it might. All the controls are easy to reach and operate, space is well-utilized and the instruments are easy to read. The black interior does show dirt fairly easily, but it also cleans up quite easily as well with minimal effort. The Bose Centerpoint stereo system sounds excellent as well.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing significant. I highly recommend the Mazda CX-5 to anyone looking for a SUV in this class.