Great MPG. Well engineered. Priced right.
By edz3 on
2014 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
The only Mazda I have owned are Miata (three cars). I loved them for their performance oriented handling and reliability even when they are over 10 years old. Therefore, CX5 was the first crossover vehicle I researched when I started looking for a bigger vehicle to replace my last Miata. I did comparison with other make and models over and over and I always came to the same conclusion. CX-5. Some competitors were ranked higher than CX5 by Consumer Reports. However, none of them had better gas mileage or had lower MSRP when equipped similarly. I went and traded in my Miata for a CX5 after a couple of test drives. And after 4 months of ownership, I have no regrets. Mazda hit a home run
Favorite Features
One 12V outlet has power at all times while the other one is only on when the car is on. Manual driver's seat. I like fast lifting of backrest from horizontal to vertical. Extensible sunvisor. > 30 mpg for daily commuting. Keyless Push button start. Sporty exterior design- especially profile view. Dual exhaust. Projector headlights. CX5 has the best looking steering wheel among all non-leather wrapped steering wheels in the world.
Suggested Improvements
Standard heated seats and exterior mirrors. Better looking front view design. The side view and rear view are very sporty but the front looks like raised sedan. The shift knob looks very cheap like a econobox chevy.
By grinnin
on 12/29/13 18:38 PM (PST)

Why would any manufacturer make seat heaters standard in a vehicle?? More than half the US population (and growing) lives in the sunbelt. Keep it as an option.