Drives awesome; poor audio system
By jerzeydave on
2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I bought this car because I was looking for a balance of performance and efficiency, as well as decent cargo space. I feel Mazda has delivered for me. I have a 6 year old and a 2 year old--they're both in full size car seats that fit fine. Cargo space appears sufficient after three months of use. The car is really fun to drive, and handled this bad NJ snowy winter very, very well. That said, I also love a good audio system, and this one in the CX-5 is a colossal disappointment.
Favorite Features
Driving experience is on par with my 2008 Acura RDX, which I leased new at the time. While not as fast, it's much more efficient so the trade off is worth it to me. The car looks great. 19 inch rims are nice. Simple dash. Seats are comfortable. Great in snow.
Suggested Improvements
As many have stated, the audio system is a real downer. First, the USB interface is horrible. It takes a .5 mile to begin playback, always starting over with first song (alphabet). Also, I'm not sure why Bose would associate itself with this system. Coming from a 2011 Murano SL, it could be the lack of subwoofer on CX-5. Also, while seats comfortable, they are thin. If my kid stretches or kicks seat, I feel it. Last, and this is a big one. In winter, approximately 2x per week, when I got into car at train station at night after leaving it to commute into city, there was moisture on inside of windshield. Car undriveable for almost 5 min. Never happened with Murano.