2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Review: Coming from a Rav4, a step dow

2014 Mazda CX-5 - Consumer Review

Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Coming from a Rav4, a step down
By jayne10 on

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I live on a gravel road in the land of snow. The car managed just fine this winter with our snow, ice and slop. I did not have any trouble getting up the hill to the house. I get less mileage than others, as you would expect, given our driving conditions. Driving along this winter and a piece of the interior plastic below the dash just fell off. Why? I don't know. It is now lying on the counter in my kitchen waiting to be dealt with. I don't really think that I would buy another one. Lacking power.

I like the red color of this car. The exterior styling is nice. The controls on the steering wheel are good.

What color interior is available? Black. I just plainly loathe the black interior on this car. It looks hideous, with all of the winter crud and salt tracked in and few opportunities to get it cleaned out properly. I bought seat covers that are gray, which helps a bit, but not much. The backseat fold down is poorly designed. We are long legged and must take the headrests off the back to fold down the back seats. So? Then what do you do with them? Leave them lying about in the house? A serious negative. Also, I am missing the trunk from under the cargo area, that was in my Rav4.